Sorry I'm new -- Looking For IFR Panel

Christy150

Hi - So I'm a private pilot IRL, almost done with my instrument rating, but new to FSX and want to use it to practice instrument approaches...I'd like to download either a Diamond DA-20 with the IFR panel (a 6-pack and Garmin 430). Any help? Yes, I looked at the file library and you can't tell what the panel is before you download it?

Thanks!

• Founder
Before you download you can use the "view" function to look inside the file. The author may have provided screen shots that will show what is in the panel. It will also let you read the doc files which may tell you what you want. Of course if the file is small enough it may be just as easy to download it and try it on your own computer.

Hi - So I'm a private pilot IRL, almost done with my instrument rating, but new to FSX and want to use it to practice instrument approaches...I'd like to download either a Diamond DA-20 with the IFR panel (a 6-pack and Garmin 430). Any help? Yes, I looked at the file library and you can't tell what the panel is before you download it?

Thanks!

By FAR the best DA-20 is the DA-20X Katana from Aerosoft - http://www.aerosoft.com/en/fsxp3d/flight-simulator-x/aircraft/1717/diamond-da20-100-katana-4x.

...but as you don't say which engine version you're looking for it's difficult to be more specific as there is also a cheap payware Conti-powered version that could suit your needs better than this Rotax-engined example. But the Aerosoft does have a FULLY operational 6-pack and a pseudo-430 as well as maintenance and walk-round features.

Ok, so I found a Diamond DA20 on Fly away simulations and downloaded it...couldn't get it into FSX. Tried several youtube videos and read me files...it shows in the "airplanes" folder of FSX but its not there when I open FSX and go to change airplanes....I tried several other airplanes and same thing...

The version of FSX I have is 2012 with the Acceleration pack. It seems to be working fine, I just cant add airplanes. I'd hate to pay for another FSX but does the new/2017 version have ANY airplane with a 6 pack and a 430?? A diamond would be great but I'll take any airplane that works.

Thanks in advance!

This is the only freeware download that comes with the Garmin 430 that you are looking for.

douglas_c-47_v2.zip in the File Library. I'll look for the freeware download at flyawaysim that you mentioned in the PM. Always try to link stuff that you find and have trouble with.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I found this at flyawaysimulations. It is for FS2004 and needed a bit of massaging to work. A lot of the gauges on the right side of the panel did not function and need to be replaced.

It did work, however!

DA20.JPG

DA20 2D cockpit.JPG

DA20 VC.JPG

DA20 flight.JPG

Make sure everything circled in RED is there.

select page.jpg

You say that you can't find the airplane to load it via the menu? Look in the aircraft.cfg file under the first texture section, [FLIGHTSIM.0], find the line "ui_manufacturer=". What does it say? A lot of payware add ons use THEIR name vice the real airplane manufactures name. For example, an Alpha Simulations Cessna 170 would use ALPHA here vice CESSNA. So when you go to try to find your plane, search under the menu AIRCRAFT/LOAD AIRCRAFT/, and make sure the three pull down windows show ALL in each of the manufacturer, publisher and type are selected as ALL.

Then scroll down under MANUFACTURER to see if there is one that matches the same as the entry in the aircraft.cfg file ui_manufacturer=.

You may already know this, but maybe that is your problem.

I have "ALL" and "all variations" in the drop downs...its like I add the aircraft file to "airplanes" in the FSX folder then they don't show up when I open FSX & go to select an airplane... this is what I downloaded from flyaway simulations:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/878/diamond-katana-da20-c1-evolution/get/

extracted, dragged into "airplanes" file in FSX. it'll show there, but not in the aircraft when I open FSX??

Honestly, if you're serious and have spent as much money as you no doubt have spent on getting an IR then why not just buy what you need? Aerosoft does a DA-20, although it has the default GPS, not a GNS430. Alabeo does a DA-40 with twin GNS430s. You can buy the Reality-XP GNS430 and use it with either aircraft (or any aircraft).

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

If you don't have a panel in FSX the ac won't load. In this case if you extracted to 'Aircraft' folder (which does not exist in FSX but does in FS9) then all your gauges are in that 'aircrft' folder under 'Airplanes' folder. FSX won't find them. You need to move the cab's into the DA-20 'panel' folder (FSX will look for them there first) and the 'loose' gauges into your FSX 'gauges' folder. Mr Pook did not make the correct folder structure in his zip and thus the files wind up 'lost'. Simple fix.

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: Looking at zip you will find other files (effects, fsconv/sound, etc) in the 'Airplanes' folder (that don't belong there!). That is why it is ALWAYS 'wise' to extract to a 'Temp' folder and then move files to where they belong 'just in case' the author does what this one did.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Its not about it being free, its about it working. since the start of this thread, I got a payware DA20 from FS Pilotshop.com (1 x WSSimulation - Diamond DA20 Eclipse v3 for FSX & P3D (WWS-135) = $21.99) as I thought that would be complete, plug & play ready to go, but it doesn't work.

Download, extract, drop all files into FSX "airplanes" folder and it shows there but its not an option when I go to select an airplane. So obviously there is some operator error (haha) but according to everything I've found on how to add acft, putting them in the airplanes folder should be all I have to do?!? (however, some youtube videos talk about putting different files in different folders, so who knows.....

All I could get it to do is free fly a 172 with the GPS up in an extra window (multiple screens so no issue of space)but its not a 430/530, its a kind of crappy G500.

screens (640x329).jpg

OK, time for a big, deep breath....from post #6 you stated "The version of FSX I have is 2012 with the Acceleration pack". You installed this from discs, correct?

Be very careful about just dropping all files into the "airplanes" folder. Some of these aircraft folders are folders within folders. A good reason why they don't show on your Select Aircraft page!

Effects folders: Open this folder and copy/paste all effects into your Main Effects folder.

if there is a texture folder inside there also, copy/paste these textures

into the Effects/Texture folder.

Gauges folder: Copy/paste these either into your Main Gauges folder or into your

aircraft's Panel folder.

Aircraft folder that is put into the "Airplanes" folder: Dang well better look similar to this:

C172 used for example

C172.JPG

Archived