Blank Buttons and Screen on the Honeywell FMC in FSX

Hi all,

I have searched all the forum topics and the net. Most of the discussion is to how to add a button to the panel for the FMC to show up or how to operate the FMC. My problem is unique that every aircraft I have an FMC, there are no buttons with functions listed as in the attached screenshot.

I have the .cab file installed and all the gauges that came with the aircraft.

Any ideas?

FMC.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you sir, I'll give that a try.

Missing or corrupted font?

This is the Garrett Smith Honeywell FMC fmc-1.zip in the File Library.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]198386[/ATTACH]

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As MrZippy pointed out it's probably a missing font, and - if it worked in the past - more than likely due to OS update.

On a side note, I seem to remember CS B767's and QW B757's FMC had trouble with the W10 update 'cos of changed font sets. But that info can already be outdated, or I'm simply mistaken.

You should give us more info on what FMC you're using (download link), and what OS you're running (and if it updated recently).

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Apologies for not writing back sooner. Work and all has taken a lot of my time!

I am running Windows 7 Professional. Truth be told, any aircraft with an FMC I've downloaded never worked with or without an update for Windows 7.

One of the recent is KENWINGAIR kenwigair_19_ssp764er_united.zip from this site's library. https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=57208042

The FMC cab is the one I downloaded and installed that mrzippy suggested. Garrett Smith Honeywell FMC fmc-1.zip in this library.

Maybe the following screen shots from my gauges folder in FSX can provide a clue:

FMC cab.jpgFMC folders1.jpgfmc gauges.jpg

As MrZippy pointed out it's probably a missing font, and - if it worked in the past - more than likely due to OS update.

On a side note, I seem to remember CS B767's and QW B757's FMC had trouble with the W10 update 'cos of changed font sets. But that info can already be outdated, or I'm simply mistaken.

You should give us more info on what FMC you're using (download link), and what OS you're running (and if it updated recently).

Wim

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks good. Did you just unzip the file and manually install the gauges as they were into your MSFS gauge file in the program. I have no idea why mine will not work.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks good. Did you just unzip the file and manually install the gauges as they were into your MSFS gauge file in the program. I have no idea why mine will not work.

What I have been doing for the past several years is to open any downloaded gauges folder, copy and paste all of the gauges directly into the panel folder of the aircraft. My FSX/Gauges folder was getting a little full.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

That is something I've never tried...

What I have been doing for the past several years is to open any downloaded gauges folder, copy and paste all of the gauges directly into the panel folder of the aircraft. My FSX/Gauges folder was getting a little full.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, I tried in on the United, no joy.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I downloaded it just to see what I would see

I installed it correctly and the FMC was gorked

Also some other anomolies such as being unable to turn off the Logo light

It met its demise with the big D key

P.S. I'm not about to hunt for fonts to make it work, its just not worth the bother

P.S. I'm not about to hunt for fonts to make it work, its just not worth the bother

I just tried it a few more times and was only able to get what I showed in my screenshot once! Other attempts gave me a blank stare! Recycle Bin time!

It's really odd the way it does that for some and others don't have a problem. Very strange. I've never had this much trouble with a gauge.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would have no clue how to even start doing that.

Have you investigated the missing or corrupted font idea?

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I went to his Facebook page and asked to join. If I get an answer, I'll let you all know.

In the mean time, anyone know a good utility to clean up gauges/conflicting gauges in FSX?

I just tried it a few more times and was only able to get what I showed in my screenshot once! Other attempts gave me a blank stare! Recycle Bin time!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just downloaded and installed.

IMO you just forget to click the PWR ON/OFF hotspot (approx. the red rectangle).

I "forgot" to read the manual :rolleyes:, so had to search for a while as well.

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy176/buffalo2602/ScreenShot_20170702231424_zpszkwefnd5.png

Works with me in W10, so me thinks it's not a font problem

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

It worked a couple of times for me, Wim, but stopped working clicking in that same location. I made a quick change to the fmc-1 and it works perfectly and shows all of the key names even without being turned on.

FMC-1.JPG

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle! I printed the manual that came with the aircraft but it didn't show that! You rock!

Just downloaded and installed.

IMO you just forget to click the PWR ON/OFF hotspot (approx. the red rectangle).

I "forgot" to read the manual :rolleyes:, so had to search for a while as well.

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy176/buffalo2602/ScreenShot_20170702231424_zpszkwefnd5.png

Works with me in W10, so me thinks it's not a font problem

Wim

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I downloaded and installed that too, but I don't get what you have. Strange.

It worked a couple of times for me, Wim, but stopped working clicking in that same location. I made a quick change to the fmc-1 and it works perfectly and shows all of the key names even without being turned on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]198508[/ATTACH]

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The font used on these Honeywell FMCs is Arial. There are 2 Arial fonts in your Fonts folder. One is bold the other is narrow. Whichever one is used could be bad.

Thank you sir!

The font used on these Honeywell FMCs is Arial. There are 2 Arial fonts in your Fonts folder. One is bold the other is narrow. Whichever one is used could be bad.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The fonts I have are as follows:

arialnb.ttf installed 9/9/2006

arialnbi.ttf installed 9/9/2006

So by those dates I don't think they were changed.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's what I have

OK, now double click each of those 2 and see if everything looks OK. Don't know what else would cause a lack of numbers on the FMC.

Sample: Arial Bold

[ATTACH=CONFIG]198546[/ATTACH]

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived