Project Airbus A32X Landing Problem

Hi there,

I am having a problem with the Project Airbus A320, (as well as the A318, A319 and A321)

I can only make hard landings, as I cannot flare this aircraft. If I raise the nose at all, even just 2 degrees, the aircraft will start climbing again. I have tried setting flaps and spoilers to no avail. I am now wondering if there is something in the AIRCRAFT.CFG that I can change.

All of my PA A32X aircraft use the basepack from the PA website: http://www.pafs.wf

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Most of the airbuses are overpowered. What are you using as approach and landing speed?

I have several PA A-319 and have no difficulties in landing.

My approach and landing speed is about 120 knots. Like I said, if I raise the nose AT ALL, the aircraft will start climbing again.

On the overhead electrical/lighting panel of the A321, there is a section FLT CTL on the left side with 3 buttons in it, ELAC1 SEC1 FAC1. Prior to landing, light up all 3 buttons to reflect OFF and before approaching the runway, make sure you disengage the ATHR first, then the AP (in that order). I usually disengage the ATHR around 200', then allow the aircraft to get lower before disengaging the AP.

The Airbus fought me for the longest time, then, I found some older posts about the 3 buttons in the overhead panel, and also the order to disengage the ATHR and AP buttons.

It was like "Taming the Beast!" Made a world of difference!

Good luck! - Rick

Archived