How to start and shut down default Lear 45?

I tried and failed to get the engines to start up so I just use the CTL + E key and the END key for shutdown. But I would like to be able to do this manually. Anybody know how to start up and shut down this plane?

I tried and failed to get the engines to start up so I just use the CTL + E key and the END key for shutdown. But I would like to be able to do this manually. Anybody know how to start up and shut down this plane?
CTRL-E and holding down, in order, CTRL-SHIFT-F1 are the only ways I know to start and stop the default Lear.

I tend to use the popup panel that looks like a gas pump that has the start and ignition switches on them. I turn on the battery and press the start switch. After the engine spools up for about 6-8 seconds, I then press the ignition switch. When the engine ignites, I turn off both switches. Rinse and repeat for the 2nd engine. Don't forget to turn on both generators!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Ouch, with this method you will destroy the engine IRL!

Why don't you use the kneeboard and call up the checklist?

Every step to start up and shut down the engines manually is there.

I'm not flying in or actually worried about REAL LIFE! It works just fine and have not had any problems doing so.

And again, I'm writing these infos for the users who are using FSX as a SIMULATOR and not as a GAME.

And your default FSX Lear 45 instructor certificate is dated when?:rolleyes:

We all "Sim" at various levels and with various intents. Having said that, many of us have discovered RW & FSX are about as close as RW and a Star Wars movie. Even fancy payware planes, don't go far.

FS2004, FSX and P3D are all games. Enjoy them at whatever level of pretend you fancy. And I will do the same. ;)

Thanks for your interest! There is a place for everyone here!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

??? I know that people are using the sim in different ways.

Just don't know why mrzippy started shouting...

Not shouting! Emphasizing that the Sim is not 100% like real life and not always comparable to real life situations.

The problem with internet communication is that you miss out on 80% of the communication.

I think we all love eachother dearly, but we sometimes misunderstand what the other is trying to say.

I think (correct me when I'm wrong) that Bbrz is coming in a bit harsh in the thread, triggering MrZippy's problem with authority, sparking Michael's UN Peacekeeping intentions and my....well I'm just quoting Miss Piggy unprovoked all day long actually.... ;-)

Grtz., Hans

That's your choice ofcourse. And it might mean sometimes people go a bit defensive on you. But I understand you don't mind, and that's allright. ;-)

Thnx for your input and efforts by the way, I for one appreciate it!

Grtz., Hans

To start default fsx lear. From cold and dark.

(buttons on 2D popups, some also in VC. Fuel valves need to be done with keyboard.)

parking brake set

battery on

fuel valves on (keyboard)

L and R start on

(engines will start.)

L and R gen on (VC or 2d popup)

Avionics on

not needed: L and R ign on

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To start default fsx lear. From cold and dark.

(buttons on 2D popups, some also in VC. Fuel valves need to be done with keyboard.)

parking brake set

battery on

fuel valves on (keyboard)

L and R start on

(engines will start.)

L and R gen on (VC or 2d popup)

Avionics on

not needed: L and R ign on

That might have been what was needed, the fuel valves. I'll give that a shoot and see if it works. If it does I'll add fuel valve switches. Thanks!

Archived