Freeware Scenery List

FSXmarc

Hello All

I just got P3D switched over from FSX, I would like to know if someone has any recommendations for freeware scenery for P3D v3. Mostly looking for well detailed freeware airports in and out of the US, most of the searches I make comes up as FSX. Being a P3D newbie I was wondering if I can use freeware FSX airports like the sunny sky Philadelphia KPHL airport for P3D v3.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello All

I just got P3D switched over from FSX, I would like to know if someone has any recommendations for freeware scenery for P3D v3. Mostly looking for well detailed freeware airports in and out of the US, most of the searches I make comes up as FSX. Being a P3D newbie I was wondering if I can use freeware FSX airports like the sunny sky Philadelphia KPHL airport for P3D v3.

I just released KILE over on Avsim. Its for P3D. Give it a look.

I just released KILE over on Avsim. Its for P3D. Give it a look.

Thank you for that, I just installed it yesterday and spent a half hour flying around the airport in a helicopter. Nice job on the terminal. Been flying in Texas a lot lately, it's beautiful! :)

A lot of FSX stuff works, but not all, so you'll have to try it for yourself.

As Larry says, try it and see. I would also add if it causes issues, then properly remove it and move on - perhaps dropping a line to your fellow forum members advising of the issues you faced, the filename and where you got it. There's precious little sharing of what DOES work in this place, it's usually full of whining and bleating about how that `FS2004 aircraft doesn't have windows` and other irrelevant crap.

I `manage` five separate PC's all armed with P3D including our flying club setup, and the lessons I've learned:

You can try to install anything, but never, EVER, leave something - anything - that drags performance down actually installed. Those fluffy clouds may look nice but if they cost you VAS you are heading for trouble.

If that freeware scenery has popping textures or strange shimmers, dump it, DON'T try to `fix` it.

Always install the things one at a time and test, test, test for correct operation of the sim before moving on.

And most important of all: Become adept in reinstalling P3D in its segments and deleting temporary files that relate to the sim.

As FSX and Prepar3D move farther apart you simply cannot expect FSX freeware to work in P3D, but it can be a pleasant find if it will.

Archived