assigning buttons to VVC commands

DCA996

Hi All!

Yet another request for assistance in my endeavours to minimise the reliance on any mouse clicks in the MJ C47 V3.1.4.

I've been successful in assigning several switches on Go-Flight equipment and/or buttons on my yoke and/or CH Throttle quadrant to change views, do a multitude of things such as toggle pitot heat,carb heat, tail wheel etc etc..

I now want to assign buttons to the following as a minimum:

feather #1

feather #2

open port window

open starboard window

manually pump gear (in event of hydraulic failure for example)

toggle the inverter switch on the overhead panel

control the left fuel tank selector switch

control the right fuel tank selector switch

operate each of the 4 door options

set the chocs on the wheels

The reasoning for the above is to try to avoid as far as possible sing the mouse for anything if at all possible. If the mouse cursor is active on the FSX screen it reduces frame rates by some 20% at times, so I want the FSX window active but the mouse cursor out of the way in a spare part of my 4th monitor.

Also, if making videos as demos of either our mutliplayer activities or creating special videos of scenarios such as the berlin airlift, operation varsity, D Day etc., I don't want the recording to include any distracting menu selection.

So, you cleaver people out there - any suggestions as to how to resolve this dilemma?

Answers on a postcard (or preferably in reply to this post! lol)

Interesting request! Some of the things like the windows have click spots that do require mouse use. There may be possible rewriting of some of the XML coding, but that's far beyond my limited grey/gray matter! You are welcome to borrow my sledgehammer!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Some of the things you mentioned are available as default key commands.

for example, open door 2=

shift+e, then quicly press 2

If those commands don't work in this plane, I think the only option is to use FSUIPC. The freeware version is not enough for that function of FSUIPC, you will need to buy a licence. (not that expensive).

You would need to use the FSUIPC logging function.

Explained a bit more here:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?304033-GA-cockpit-Button-settings-keyboard-shortcuts-for-RXP-GNS530-Emuteq-530-hardware

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the replies.

I have the full version of FSUIPC and have used it an lot to program Go_flight units and calibrate levers and such like.

I'll take a look at FSUIPC logging though too.

Thanks again.

Archived