Re-install FS2004

Jive1

Hey!

I had to re-iinstall my FS2004 recently. Opening the first Menu when installing the program, it is mentioned "register Online". There, when I clicked on that Menu item, I got an answer from Microsoft telling " We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.

What should I do? I need registering, because some addon programs for FS2004, amongst others the one from Pete Dowson, FSUIPC, needs that registration or it will nit work correctly.

PLease help me.

Jive1 - Belgium

Hey! F-3guy,

What you say is not a good reason. FS2004 is not less modern than the other flight simulators, it is only a few years older. But!....It still is better than these other ones, at least for lots of pilots who started FS2004 right after it came out. You know?... I have thousands of beautiful aircraft and thousands of beautiful scenries, I have over 150GB addons in my FS2004, and this gives me more possibilities than the so called more modern ones. No, I don't accept that way of thinking of you.

What I need is a way to continue using my FS2004, that I use since 2004 when the thing came out. And somebody, I hope, will help me soon to do so.

Jive1 - Belgium

Hi Jive1

I have been using FS2004 for the last 14 years and have reinstalled it several times. I have never, ever registered it online and this has never caused me any problems with the sim or any addons.

You do not need to register online to use the sim and, as you have found out, you cannot do this any more as Microsoft stopped support for FS2004 a long time ago - so just ignore this step. Just use the product key which comes with the four CDs and you will be OK. You will be able to use the free version of FSUIPC without any problems and if you have bought the registered version from Pete Dowson then you will have a registration key from him to use.

Dijvid

I've just re installed FS9.

No product key required, as it doesn't have one.

As stated FS9 is no longer supported, so ignore the register online.

As stated, FSUIPC will work fine as a free version unless you have purchased it, then just re enter your name, e mail address and registration key.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you, Shanwick,

My experience has been same as you told me about yours. I have, at least every year or so, re-installed FS9, and never had problems. Even last time when I had already Windows10 in use, everything went well.

It is only yesterday, I re-installed again, and as uasual I hed also to reinstall some addons, amongst othrs FSUIPC.

I have an original version of FSUIPC with a key, and also for Wideview, and these two also wored fine all the time. Only yesterday, when I wanted to re-install also FSUIPC, I saw there was no connection between FS9 and AFX ( I could not place the aircraft on a parking spot ) and when I pushed 'y' my aircraft started to spin till I repushed the 'y' button. But I could not replace the aircraft to another parking area. Usually this lack of connection is due to not working FSUIPC.

The I checked FSUIPC settings, and I saw in the FSUIPC logfile

1°Verifying Certificate for "D:\FS9\MODULES\FSUIPC.dll" now ...

SUCCESS! Signature verifies okay!,

Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL), and

2° that "the Key is provided" but the "user is not registered"...

And so, I thouhgt that this was due to lack of registereing FS9 . And so I started looking for a solution.

I will now try and re-install FS9 carefully, and waych what will happen...

Anyhow, I know very sure that I'va always done the setup on the same way.

So, I wonder why this time it wonnot work.

Jive1 - Belgium.

OK, Smutley and Shanwick!

I will just do as you say. I know it will work.

But there arise then an other question: why can't I move my aircraft on the Afcad when I want to move with my Cursor in AFX?

I'll check that first what will happen now after a new setup, and I'll come back on that subject.

Thank you for cobvincing me that nothig is wrong with registereng FS9 online.

Jive1 - Belgium

Up to now, after re-installing FS9, and after setup of AFX, I can't move my aircraft by means of the Joystick, and hat is because in the mainmenu of AFX in the View dropdown menu 'Lock to Flight Simulator' is not active. The problem is that I don't know how to activate it. And here was my misunderstanding, because I was thinking that this locking is only possible when FSUIPC is working correctly. Actually my FSUIPC is not working and even not installed, because I want to see AFX working well without FSUIPC.

Can anybody explain me how to activate 'locking to Flight Simulator' is established?

Jive1 - Belgium

Hey!

Good morning,

I have now set up both my FSUIPC and WIDEFS like I did several times before without any problem.

I read now in the FSUIPC logfile:

"....Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)

User Name="...OK..."

User Addr="...OK..."

FSUIPC Key is provided

FSUIPC not user registered

WideFS Key is provided

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

[Continuation log requested by user]

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=0000B027[0000B027]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

56156 System time = 08:01:01, FS2004 time = 09:06:45 (07:06Z)

56156 WeatherOptions set, now 0000B027 (timer=0)"

And in the WIDEFS logfile I read:

".... Date (dmy): 24/04/17, Time 08:00:06.100: Server name is DESKTOP-PC1

22031 WideFS cannot be used until it is Registered through FSUIPC (version 3.44 or later)"

I've never before watched wether this was also in previous times, but what I read now seems to my opinion not correct. What do you think?

Furthermore, I see in my AFX program, that it is not locked to Flight Simulator, and I cannot move my active aircfraft to another place of the active airport.

On the other hand, I installed also my older AFCAD2 origram, and there I can move my active aircraft from one to another area on the active airport.

So, I think that the reason why I cannot move the active aircraft is due to, as I remember vaguely, that AFX works through FSUIPC and Afcad2 does not...

All what happens now here makes me thinking that "not"registereing FS9 is the origin of these problems. What do you think?

So my request: can somebody explain and solve my problemd?

Greetz

Jive1

Furthermore....

As I said before, my aircraft is spinning when I push the 'y' button, till I push 'space bar' for the north direction.

You said I have to calibrate my Joystick.... I tried, but here also I had no luck. Do I remeber that the joystick also goes over FSUIPC? And FSUIPC does not work in may situation?

Sometimes I think that I'm getting too old, and that I forget things...jajaja!

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

I love my FS2004, it just works.

I have 3x versions on my PC, a normal version, a "Golden Wings' version, & a Ford Tri-Motor' version.

I'm using that cd-patch thingie so I do not need the 4th DVD in the PC, which is a i5 Windows 10 laptop, 4GB Ram, CH-Products yoke & pedals, & FSUIPC.

I run as 'Admin', with UAC turned right down.

I also have a full backup of the sim on a portable hard-drive, so, when I want to do an install on any PC, I just copy & paste, & use the Flight1 registry fixer to point the registry to the fs9.exe.

No online registering ever.

Methinks the way to go is to get the sim running without any add-ons first, then add then one by one to see where the fault might lie.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Thank You, Zswobbie1, That Flight1 registry fixer helped me to lock my AFX to my Flight Simulator. That problem is solved now; I can now move my active aircraft on any airport using AFX in connection with my FS9. The AFX-menu shows now "locked to Flight Simulator".

Thanks again.

Jive1 - Belgium

Hey!

I'm still trying to stop my aircraft spinning around on the ground at any airport. For the time being my other problems are solved.

What happens is: when I start FS9, and my aircraft if somewhere in the airport on a parking spot, and I want tp move it to another area, I have to push the 'Y' button, and eacht time whel I push Y, my aircraft starts spinning around, till I press 'spacebar' for setting the aircraft still direction north. Again and again this happens. I hav'nt even flown ons time because that spinning around prevents me to handle as a normal pilot in a normal aircraft...

Does anybody have suggestions to solve that problem?

Jive1 - Belgium

Your joystick rudder axis is "chattering", that means it's still sending turn signals even when stood still. You need to re-calibrate your joystick in windows, and then again in FSUIPC if you use it.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thank you, Tiger!

I could solve this last problem as well withh your advice. Thank you!

You know... I flysince 2004 with this FS2004 abd I had never before used this,simply because I had never had tyhis problem. I noticed the way how to calibrate my joystick in Windows, because I did calibrate several times yjis joystick, but always I was able to do that within the FS9-menu, never before in Windows itself. You know, I think that Windows 10 for the very first time since I have it from last year is giving me troubles that I never experienced with previous versions of windows....

I hope that the guys of Microsoft will no more change settings with new updates...

Thank you

Jive1 - Belgium

Hey!

I was hoping that al my problems would have been solved now, but it is not!

I see on top of my FS9 screen the following warning: ... FS9 with wide server not able to serve( see log).

When I go and see the log file of wideserver, I see...

********* WideServer.DLL Log [version 6.75] *********

Blocksize guide = 4096 (double allowed)

Date (dmy): 26/04/17, Time 14:41:20.646: Server name is DESKTOP-PC1

22047 WideFS cannot be used until it is Registered through FSUIPC (version 3.44 or later)

And as I told earlier in my FSUIPC log-file there is mentioned...

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.82 by Pete Dowson *********

FSUIPC Key is provided

FSUIPC not user registered

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

THis means htat something is not yet as it should be...

What could it be? What is the meaning of 'FSUIPC not user registered?

Jive1 - Belgium

The latest FS2004 version is FSUIPC v3.999z9, available here: http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

You need to buy a registration key from Simmarket here: http://secure.simmarket.com/pete-dowson-fsuipc3.phtml

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hey!

I know, Tiger, what you tell me is correct, but...

What wonders me is, that I have been using my software with keys already many years, and possibly I used it 10 times to re-install, and always it went correctly, but this time it refused to work. Before I bye a new version, I must first try to get mine working again....

Jive1 - Belgium

Archived