Question on closing runways

Hi there,

I have a question about runways being closed in FSX.

I closed the 6s and 7s at KLAX, as these are rarely used IRL, however, when landing today, I was told to land on 25R and couldn't change it. The "Select Another Runway" option was available, but when I clicked it, there were no other runways to select from:

runways_LAX.jpg

Why does this happen? The ATIS says all 4 runways (25L, 25R, 24L, 24R) are available, and I also have AI planes departing and arriving on the other runways.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry,

Usually when you go weeks without a response, it usually has to do with lack of accurate information to help you. I certainly can't help.

However if that were me, I'd reinstate the runways. As of just a minute ago Flight Aware still shows them as possible active runways.

BTW: Departure Delays at KLAX as of right now average 27 to 30 minutes.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I don't understand why you would want to close runways, especially if it's going to cause problems.

+1!! I like my sim to ahem simulate RW. I'm not out to recreate.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

It is not just LAX, this happens when I close the runways at any airport.

Here's my theory. Since all 4 runways are not showing on the select another runway list, maybe closing the 6's and 7's are also closing the 24's and 25's thus telling the sim that all 4 are closed but not affecting the A.I. The sim must be thinking that if 7R is closed then 25L must be closed too since it is the same runway thus not showing up on the select another runway list. So if it's happening at other airports, then closing runway 18 must be closing 36 also thus knocking that one runway off the select another runway list. Note: I really don't know this, I'm just having fun guessing.

Archived