direct sunlight even with clouds covering it

cgallard

Hello, I am just trying prepar3d v3.2 and I have noticed that the sun lights the wings and the cabin even when it is cloudy. The only addon I have installed already is REX4, but I don't think this enhancement has something to do with it.

I think this is a bug because it shouldn't depend on a particular setting, it is just nature that when the sun is covered there is no direct sunlight on any object.

Thank you in advance for any comment on this "strange effect", or better, if you know a solution!

kind regards,

Cristian

Hello, I am just trying prepar3d v3.2 and I have noticed that the sun lights the wings and the cabin even when it is cloudy. The only addon I have installed already is REX4, but I don't think this enhancement has something to do with it.

I think this is a bug because it shouldn't depend on a particular setting, it is just nature that when the sun is covered there is no direct sunlight on any object.

Thank you in advance for any comment on this "strange effect", or better, if you know a solution!

kind regards,

Cristian

Are you above or below the clouds? The lighting in P3Dv3.4 is far more sophisticated than the capabilities of most graphic cards to display, so begin by providing full system specs, and addons installed.

Why do you think it is not caused by REX4?

Below the clouds obviously ;)

I will go back and try again without any add-on.

I am new to Prepar3d but not new to older versions of FS. After many years not trying X-Plane I think is time to try it. Is it possible someday not to find so visible bugs anymore?

It may be a bug on your system but I have no such problem. I use AS16 and ASCA for weather and clouds and when it is overcast I get no sunlight on the wings or panel other than normal differences in light intensity. I DO get flickering sunlight when passing through thinner clouds but this is normal behavior even IRL.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Archived