Dovetail Games Flight School shutting down

Hey guys,

Looks like Dovetail are shutting down their starter sim Flight School for unspecified reasons.

https://fselite.net/news/dovetail-games-flight-school-shutdown/

There will soon be an announcement on their new Flight Simulator, but what do you think about this turn of events?

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Check out my YouTube Channel for FSX, X-Plane and other simulator content!

https://www.youtube.com/c/Drawyah/

Hey guys,

Looks like Dovetail are shutting down their starter sim Flight School for unspecified reasons.

https://fselite.net/news/dovetail-games-flight-school-shutdown/

There will soon be an announcement on their new Flight Simulator, but what do you think about this turn of events?

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Demonstration of their commitment to flight simulation. Ill-conceived release - commercial failure - no heart for the development of a Future Sim, whatever it might be.

DTG are a fast-turnround, large sales operation, wholly unsuited to the challenge of creating a next-gen flight sim product.

All that's happened is they've lined up the excuses when they cancel everything else.

Lets face it, this was all about a quick buck by releasing a piece of ugly crap knowing once bought it could not be returned. If they had released a demo they probably would not have sold a single copy. In a day when we get no demos and can't return anything I refuse to buy anything until I have tried it first. What ever means it takes to get a version to try I will do it. Tired of being cheated out of hard earned money.

Not quite. All purchases made online have a guaranteed refund window of two weeks under European law.

There are some exceptions though: when buying from a privat person, financial products or services, reservations on tickets for accomodations / theatre / restaurants etc., contracts for the building of real estate, food or other fresh products, products that can't be resold due to hygienic reasons and products you buy on an (online) auction.

All webshops that sell in the EU, even when they're based outside of the EU and allthough many have the -illegal- restriction in their terms and conditions that products once downloaded cannot be returned/credited are to comply with these laws. When they refuse, just take them to court and you'll win. ;-)

This is why many developers make previews or demo's of their software; this keeps them from having to refund unhappy customers.

Steam, but also for example Google-play and Europe based AppStores are not being generous, they're just forced to be by law. ;-)

Besides that, products should not have manufacturing malfuntions; if software doesn't work like it should the reseller (not necessarily the developer!) should do serious attempts to get it working or provide a refund. Even when it's a compatibility issue and even when they stated before you bought it that it would be incompatible with your system, you are entitled to a refund as long as you notify them within 14 days after you received the product.

A lot of laws and restrictions for resellers and developers. But, in my experience, most webshops or developers I have encountered in the simming world are very happy with the Flightsim community and go to great lengths to sort these kind of problems out and get things up and running.

Don't try to outsmart the community. Give us what we want and the way we want it. Our way or the highway, that simple.

Steve Jobs was widely quoted as saying 'You can't design a product by committee. Often times, people don't know what you want until you show it to them.' Henry Ford said 'If I'd asked people what they wanted, they'd have said faster horses.' Just two arguments for innovation.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

So, from train & fishing sims, to flight sims.... Not..

And the chances of their 'real' sim is around the corner?

Well, this now leaves P3D, (with their rumoured 64bit sim) wearing the crown?

And X-Plane 11 starts it's engines as well....

From SimFlight..

Dovetail Games come to the decision to retire DTG Flight School from sale. It didn’t see the first year anniversary because it got released in May 2016, and now Dovetail Games announce they will implement both introduction for beginners to the flight simulation and “the complexity demanded by more experienced flyers” in their next simulation product.

This looks like just a 'normal' sim that we have always had, a sim with lessons!

Nothing new, FS2004 had that as well.

Maybe just a 64bit version?

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Flight School was a dog that couldn't hunt from the beginning. Unless they come up with a miracle, the full-blown offering is, likewise, doomed to a similar fate..........Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

DTG knows it has the keys to the FS kingdom within its reach, and that it's the perfect "Field of Dreams" scenario, as in "if you build it, they will come". For them to goof up such a cash cow would be epic fail, which I'm sure they know, so I'm still hopeful their upcoming FS product (yes, it is still upcoming) will have merit regardless of the state of affairs of their somewhat botched Flight School, which BTW I thought was an OK value for its price even, though IMO it was essentially an alpha test release for which they charged us to use.

Rod O.

MSFS or BUST!: i7 10700k @ 4.9Ghz, 2x16GB DDR4 @ 4000 cas 16, evga RTX 3080 ti FTW III

Archived