Where to buy P3D V3 for casual summing

FSXmarc

Hello all

I have FSX and I wanted to make the switch to P3D but I can't seem to find a entertainment FSX-like version of it. I went to their site and all they had were Pro & educational licenses and none of them stated they were for personal entertainment like FSX. I was wondering where I can get P3D v3 either disk or download.

I use a xbox 360 controller as one of my joysticks and was wondering if it would work with that. Are the key button controls in P3D and FSX the same or different?

If you don't meet the EULA criteria, freely available on the L-M website then, as your research has shown you, P3D is not for you.

If you aren't serious enough about your flight simming to have at the very least a proper joystick then again, P3D is not for you.

Best to stay with FSX and invest in some enhancements for that platform rather than starting from scratch with this.

They have an academic license

It is not intended for entertainment, but I bet you most private users do use it for entertainment and fun. It's a hobby.

Just look at the forums, they are not professionals

But yes, you need at least a joystick

Some of the replies, although thin on the ground, to questions from folks genuinely wanting to know how to start using Prepar3D are less than helpful, as though the responders do not want 'any old user' using it! Sounds a bit 'cliquey' to me! I've been into flight sim since before FS4 - a long time ago - and I've managed to learn a lot about the whole flying scene. OK, I'm not a professional, I use FSX and X-Plane for my own enjoyment, and both these sims, with the extensive hardware I've accumulated, have given me a lot of pleasure over the years. I have good flying and navigation skills, as a result of lots of hard work studying and practising, but neither of these sims are perfect, and I understand that Prepar3D is a lot better. The EULA and T&Cs on L-M's website is extensive, and surprise, surprise, contains a whole load of legalise, for their own protection, naturally. I'm not quite sure why they seem so anti 'personal entertainment', (I call it enjoyment - you know, like a professional pilot or a doctor might 'enjoy' his career and work), so although I've ploughed through some of it, and I'm prepared to tick the 'Accept' box, my simple question is: Do I NEED to buy the 'Pro' version, or is the academic version - if I can purchase it! - good enough to give me the 'enjoyment' I crave? I would REALLY appreciate a helpful answer, please! Thank you in anticipation.

The only difference between "academic" and "professional" is the watermark on the top line of the "academic" version, to the best of my knowledge. From their site: "The Academic license enables the exact same functionality of the Professional version of Prepar3D."

Look at this web page.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Some of the replies, although thin on the ground, to questions from folks genuinely wanting to know how to start using Prepar3D are less than helpful, as though the responders do not want 'any old user' using it! Sounds a bit 'cliquey' to me! I've been into flight sim since before FS4 - a long time ago - and I've managed to learn a lot about the whole flying scene. OK, I'm not a professional, I use FSX and X-Plane for my own enjoyment, and both these sims, with the extensive hardware I've accumulated, have given me a lot of pleasure over the years. I have good flying and navigation skills, as a result of lots of hard work studying and practising, but neither of these sims are perfect, and I understand that Prepar3D is a lot better. The EULA and T&Cs on L-M's website is extensive, and surprise, surprise, contains a whole load of legalise, for their own protection, naturally. I'm not quite sure why they seem so anti 'personal entertainment', (I call it enjoyment - you know, like a professional pilot or a doctor might 'enjoy' his career and work), so although I've ploughed through some of it, and I'm prepared to tick the 'Accept' box, my simple question is: Do I NEED to buy the 'Pro' version, or is the academic version - if I can purchase it! - good enough to give me the 'enjoyment' I crave? I would REALLY appreciate a helpful answer, please! Thank you in anticipation.

You do whatever you want. We dont care if YOU choose to mis-represent and disavow the EULA you sign up to when you purchase P3D.

The FACT is that P3d is NOT an entertainment title. Never has been. L-M show a certain degree of tolerance but they are explicit about who does, and does not, qualifiy for a license.

And that's the last word on this matter. EULA discussions are not allowed.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Archived