Jim Hall

I'm very excited about my new system:

I-7-7700k liquid cooled

16GB Ram

64 Bit

GTX 970

Windows 10 Home

Samsung 40KU 6300 TV for monitor

Awesome everything! One problem though: When I open FSX STEAM the home screen is small on my TV monitor and when flying, the menu bar at the top is almost to small to read. All else looks great when flying. Fills the whole screen with great resolution. Any ideas?

i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

Mark hit the nail on the head -- it's the higher resolution of your monitor doing that. However, if you want that text larger on the screen, then you can go into your display settings in the sim and change the screen to, say, 1920x1080, or 1280x720, or...

But then you'll lose the extra resolution in the view, so scenery (and aircraft) details will lose something. It's a tradeoff...

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Thank you Mark and Larry. I think I'll stick with the higher resolution. Another thing for those moving to large screens: regular every day use of your computer will be uncomfortable. Like someone said here, it's like sitting in the front row of a movie house.
i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

Archived