SPAD for Saitek

usb777

Been looking into this SPAD utility but don't understand much about it. Tried to install it but got this :

Run-time error '432':

File name or class not found during Automation operation

Had another member here say he uses it. Anyone else out there have any experience with it?

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

You mean the original freeware SPAD? I have been using it for years, no issues.

AFAIK the 432 means a missing reference in the VisualBasic runtime environment. But SPAD does not say anything about prerequisites, except that it was made with VB6 (= you theoretically need the .Net 1.0 runtime for it). Simply put, your Windows environment is missing a piece that SPAD (or the installer?) needs to run correctly.

Did you browse through the forum on the SPAD site? I would imagine that this error has happened before to someone.

Something like that, however, I installed it on my main simulator computer and it works just fine.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

An app like this can probably be transfered by copy & paste. Just keep the folder structure intact ("C:\Program Files (x86)\SPAD").

The only issue might be this file:

C:\Windows\system32\mscomctl.ocx

that SPAD seems to install or at least check for.

I have it working but checking things out it doesn't control the nav and beacon lights right in my Cessna. It turns off the lights but won't turn them back on. The strobe lights work as well as the other buttons like the pilot heat. Not sure what I am missing.

Mike G.

Mike are you talking about the default Cessna or other? If your talking about the ORIGINAL SPAD, It worked perfectly with my Saitek Switch panel and FSX Cessna's but you might have problems with A2A's , etc.

I found that for the Saitek BIP I would get several cases of the Oil Temp/Pressures not working with a lot of default FSX aircraft without creating a profile for them. So I went back to the default Saitek drivers.

Probably get SPAD NEXT after it is released as a final product. Should be lots of profiles for it to cover just about everything.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

[quote=dogdish;

Probably get SPAD NEXT after it is released as a final product. Should be lots of profiles for it to cover just about everything.

Hey Dogdish,

I'm running several pieces from Saitek with stock software and it works well most of the time. Having said that, it's not perfect.

I've heard about SAAD for awhile and have gone to their site. But you mention they are coming up with SPAD NEXT, which I didn't see mentioned.

When SPAD NEXT comes out, please advise the rest of us, and also if you'd be so kind, tell us if it works well!!

Thanks,

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hey Mike,

Here's his website...

http://www.spadnext.com/index.php

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I got everything working however, as with the Saitek software I am still getting rando crashes using the switch panel unknowns, g3d.dii and even a sim1.dll. I know it's the box got to be since everything worked flawlessly until I started using the switch box. I am sure it is a conflict of some kind

Mike G.

Thanks for the info as we speak I think also it could be the aircraft I switch to after exiting the flight. Seems a couple payware aircraft

Mike G.

Yes, there are some payware aircraft that use different mappings in their controls that do not coincide with default. Saitek uses default. This is why it doesn't work with the PMDG's and others. SpadneXt is being created to fix those problems and have profiles for different payware aircraft that allow the Saitek panels to work.

Hope you get it all straightened out. Oh the joys of working on flight sims!!.......LOL

A great deal thank you, What I have discovered is the I can change the FSX default aircraft at will anytime, anywhere, change airports the like without a problem but so far a few payware aircraft to avoid the crash is turn off SPAD therefore the panel it;s self, Then change to the aircraft I want go to the airport and restart SPAD. Does that make sense?

Mike G.

Well I have never turned off SPAD once started even when changing Aircraft but, I am usually in the aircraft I want to fly from the beginning so if I fly a PMDG Product I know I will probably have to use the mouse to work all the switches. :)

Not sure I have figured it all out but FSX seems to not like it when I have the switch panel turned on with the Saitek software as well as SPAD and to give you an example start with the default cessna and fly somewhere end the flight change into one example my MAAM B25 payware nice aircraft but making the change and hitting the go to airport crashes usually a g3d.dll error. I started to see the pattern changing planes. Some will crash my FSX some seem to work fine. The SPAD works better then Saitek since you can quit and start the program with FSX running So as I described before changing aircraft to be safe I close SPAD and start it again once I am in the new plane. Until I find out more I at least avoid a pain in the tail CTD. Once I am in these other aircraft though the switch panel functions very well without needing to use the mouse or keyboard for those switches at least for the aircraft I have tested. Which is only a few since over ten years I have collected more aircraft then John Travolta and Harrison Ford have together, ha! ha! My Helicopters seem to do alright as well thought they would give me the most grief.

Mike G.

Not sure I have figured it all out but FSX seems to not like it when I have the switch panel turned on with the Saitek software as well as SPAD

Hey Mike,

It sounds like you have BOTH the Saitek drivers and SPAD installed at the same time.

As MrUnSavory mentioned, you can only have one or the other installed, but not both.

Archived