FSX Learjet 45 manual startup and shutdown.

RPL

I don't want to use shortcuts to start and stop the engines in the Learjet 45. After some reading on other posts in the forum I have come to the conclusion that during startup Ctrl+Shft+F4 must be used to turn on the fuel flow.

However, the dang things just spool and spool and spool. I am hoping someone can critique my procedure here.

Also, note that I am not starting the session from a previously cold and dark save file or anything like that. I am just doing a free flight and then this:

1. Ctrl+Shft+F1 to kill the fuel flow.

2. Turning off everything I can possibly find, including Avionics, both generators, both ignition and start switches, then batteries.

3. After giving the plane some time to cool off and become completely silent I turn on the batteries, APU, and avionics.

4. Ctrl+Shft+F4 to turn on fuel flow.

5. L Start followed by Left Ignition. Engine spools to N1 8.5, N2 24.6, FF PPH 20.

But it never starts. Just cycles endlessly. Am I missing something? A step or button or some other heretofore unknown and necessary shortcut?

Thanks in advance.

I don't want to use shortcuts to start and stop the engines in the Learjet 45. After some reading on other posts in the forum I have come to the conclusion that during startup Ctrl+Shft+F4 must be used to turn on the fuel flow.

However, the dang things just spool and spool and spool. I am hoping someone can critique my procedure here.

Also, note that I am not starting the session from a previously cold and dark save file or anything like that. I am just doing a free flight and then this:

1. Ctrl+Shft+F1 to kill the fuel flow.

2. Turning off everything I can possibly find, including Avionics, both generators, both ignition and start switches, then batteries.

3. After giving the plane some time to cool off and become completely silent I turn on the batteries, APU, and avionics.

4. Ctrl+Shft+F4 to turn on fuel flow.

5. L Start followed by Left Ignition. Engine spools to N1 8.5, N2 24.6, FF PPH 20.

But it never starts. Just cycles endlessly. Am I missing something? A step or button or some other heretofore unknown and necessary shortcut?

Thanks in advance.

Save turning on the fuel flow until the engine spools up for a few seconds. Let N1 hit about 2.6 then initiate fuel on.

All manual engine starts are much easier if you have a cold & dark scenario set up as your default flight.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

What Mr Ziipy said! In fact RW, especially on a windy day, if you don't let the compressor spool up before you introduce fuel you can have an internal engine fire or explosion!

If this fire blows clear without causing major damage it still sounds like the world's biggest backfire. And you'll load the whole flight line up with a ton of black stinking smoke! :o:o:o:o

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

And you'll load the whole flight line up with a ton of black stinking smoke!

Not to mention causing the local plane captains to load their trousers up with something else ! :D :D :p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

There is a of lot wrong info in your question.

you should take a look in "keybaord assignments menu" and assign some things yourself.

Contr shift f4 is "mixture ful rich"

Contr shift f3 is mixture increase incrementally

Contr shift f2 is mixture lean incrementally

But, Contr-Shift-F1 is not mixture lean fully.

It is "Engines (shutdown)"

it leans the mixture fully, closes te fuel valves, and switches off the ignition. All at once.

Assign your own keys to:

Fuel valve 1 (open close) -- I suggest control+1

Fuel valve 2 (open close) -- I suggest control+2

etc

also for

engine 1 starter (on/off) -- I suggest control+shift+1

engine 2 starter (on/off) -- I suggest control+shift+2

etc.

Also assign

Mixture (lean fully) -- to control shift F1

makes a lot more sense that way.

--------

Up till now, after control shift 1

not only was the fuel valve closed, but also mixture, and starter.

you then opened the fuel valve, and activated the starter. But with mixture still fully lean, the engine will not start.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived