Wilco A380 Crashes FSX

as far as i can see, wilco is not compatible or wasnt made for win10.

Nor was FSX and the multitude of addons currently available but many users have successfully gone over to W10 and have no problems...................

@ Cristian - as stated a little more info is required so that the appropriate advice can be offered............

First we need the error log info regarding the problem. Go to Start->Administrative Tools->Event Viewer->Custom Views->Administrative Events and locate the error for FSX. It will look something like this example:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe v 10.0.61637.0 time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: atiumdag.dll v 9.14.10.984 time stamp: 0x5221203b

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0037e0e

Faulting process Id: 0x147c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cece7b83867c49

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\atiumdag.dll

Report Id: 13f24363-3a70-11e3-982e-f04da2de5730

It is also worth noting that if you have installed FSX into the default location the error may simply be a result of security permissions not allowing data to be written to a file so please confirm the location of your FSX install

Regards

Brian

First time I tried with Windows 8.1 with the same result. Now I installed Windows 10 Home.

My specs are: Intel Celeron 2.7 GHz, 8 Gb Ram, 64 bit, grafic card is Nvidia Ge Force 8400 GS.

Here is the log event viewer:

fsx.exe

46fadb14

A380.DLL

482e8bd0

c0000005

000a304a

01d22a0cd0a57e2f

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Wilco A380\panel\A380.DLL

2d3646f0-9601-11e6-8259-382c4ab7e02c

Thanks for trying to help...

And the log from custom views:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: A380.DLL, version: 3.3.0.23, time stamp: 0x482e8bd0

Fault offset: 0x000a304a

Faulting process ID: 0x2230

Faulting application start time: 0x01d22a0cd0a57e2f

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Wilco A380\panel\A380.DLL

Report ID: 2d3646f0-9601-11e6-8259-382c4ab7e02c

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

You could and it is the best solution for the long term - anywhere outside of the default folder is good, at C:\FSX for example or indeed on any other drive if you have a partitioned single disk or multiple disks. However, there are a number of other ways to resolve the issue you can explore..........

Have you tried running FSX in Admin rights mode - Right click on the FSX desktop Icon (or the FSX.exe file if you don't have a desktop icon) and then either select the Run As Administrator option (using this option will start and run the current session with admin rights) or select the Properties option followed by the Compatibility tab then place a tick in the box next to the Run this program as an administrator option located at the bottom just above the OK button. Click OK or Apply button to save the change (using this option will set FSX to start and run all sessions with admin rights).

Instead of running with admin rights you could turn UAC off but accept that there are security related issues that may arise - google UAC to get an idea as to what it does and what may occur

Another possible solution is to take 'ownership' of the FSX folder/subfolders. Again google will be your best friend here to find out what it entails, etc.

WRT to the actual faulting module - check that a copy of the A380.dll is in the panel folder as, unfortunately, the way that error reporting is done it could be saying that either the file is missing OR the file is corrupted OR the file cannot be written to.

Regards

Brian

Hello,

I have a problem with Wilco A380. When I make my flight plan in MCDU, the game crashes when I select the destination runway. After a clean install of Windows 10, I still have this problem. Anyone can help me?

I know the fix for this, as I had the same problem. Its a database problem. Its to do with the NULL values, they need changing to "". There is a script file, which you need to obtain and run. It will ask you for the full P3D/FSX directory including drive letter. Takes seconds to fix.

Go to thread 7

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/97414-wilco-a380-v2-crash-after-try-to-select-destination-runway/

Hope this helps

Hi Brian,

I tried everything you suggested. I formatted my drive, I installed the game in a new partition, I turned off UAC, I started the game in admin mode. nothing works...

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: A380.DLL, version: 3.3.0.23, time stamp: 0x482e8bd0

Fault offset: 0x000a304a

Faulting process ID: 0xbd8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d22aea81c44eae

Faulting application path: H:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: H:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Wilco A380\panel\A380.DLL

Report ID: 632c743e-96de-11e6-8255-382c4ab7e02c

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Regards,

Cristian

Thanks aerosim31,

I guess I am not as good at computers. I can't run the script, I recieve only error messages:

"A small VB script a380fix.vbs can also be used to fix the error. In the second line you have to change the path "C: \ FSX \ ..." to the path to the FSX. The script can be started under 32-bit Windows by double-clicking. On 64-bit versions, it must be started by running "..." and then% windir% \ SysWoW64 \ wscript.exe C: \ ..... (here the path) .... \ a380fix.vbs , Otherwise the script does not run."

I put in Command Prompt (Admin mode): % windir% \ syswow64 \wscript.exe c:\ program files (x86)\ Microsoft games\ Microsoft flight simulator x\ a380fix.vbs

Where is the mistake??

The use of spaces..........remove all of the spaces in the command but note the following exception..........

At the part where it says wscript.exe C: keep the space between the .exe and C:

Also ensure that a copy of the target file (a380fix.vbs) is in the location stated (in this case the root directory of FSX)

Regards

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

On the database file, when you update it will fail saying its read only, click on retry and it will overwrite the file. When you run the script it shouldn't fail. I cant remember what AIRAC it comes with but its not that old I don't think, few cycles out of date. But you will need to run the script again when updated.

Note: Download file from thread 27 not 11. 11 is duff. Just tried it and it works. Windows Script error occurs on first script.

Archived