64-bit Prepar3d?

whats up

First of all, I am sorry if this has been addressed CLEARLY, but I cannot find it. Most people seem to think that LM will charge again for a 64-bit P3D with a name like P3D V4 or some other name. However, upon reading the LM FAQs, I found this sentence: "All future updates to Prepar3D platform will be for Prepar3D v3."

Does this mean that we will get a free P3D 64-bit upgrade, or does it simply mean that there will be a new platform with an even higher price tag? I'm a bit late in asking because my refund period just expired, but this would be an interesting topic.

The whole sentence in context:

I have Prepar3D v1/v2, how do I know if Prepar3D v3 is right for me?

All future updates to Prepar3D platform will be for Prepar3D v3. Prepar3D v3 brings many new and exciting enhancements.

[/Quote]

All that this says is that there won't be any updates for P3D V1/V2.

The major releases of P3D have always been new versions, not updates. I can't imagine that they will call the 64bit P3D an "update", if the step from V2 to V3 already was a full version increment.

The 64-bit version will be a whole new product, requiring separate purchase and installation, and probably purchase of many new addons.

There is NO timescale for the release and not even an official announcement, just some sidebar comments in the official forum.

Well, personally I would interpret it as all future updates for the P3D platform will be for V3 ONLY. However, that sentence would also imply ALL updates will be for V3, not create a future version. I do not know what the FAQ said when V3 wasn't here, but I do understand what you guys are saying. So, basically, nobody knows how the 64-bit will work, but there is a good chance that there will be a V3. If that's the case, am I going to be looking at a even more expensive new platform?

We are currently AT version 3.4. There is a very remote possibility that there will be a version 3.5 but more likely the next UPGRADE will be Version 4 with probably 30 0r 4 UPDATES to that, and so on.

What you read is simply LM policy - when they release a new version, they consider the older versions as done and the only UPDATES will be to the current version. When that version is done they will release a new version upgrade.

See the pattern?

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

• 4 months later...

3.5 is still 3.x.x version. If you look at previous builds you'll find they did not always make it all the way through the incremental builds. I'm pretty confident that this will be a new full version.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remember, there is a difference between an UPDATE and an UPGRADE. Updates are typically free, upgrades are not.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Archived