do you recommend me to move to prepar3d or my fsx steam edition these addons ?

yafatana

I didn't touch fsx since more than 2 years

but now I'm back

I have fsx steam edition

scenery I want to buy orbx global ,orbx vector ,north America, England and australia and some airports

also 8 airplanes I own

my question

can fsx steam handle all these without to crash ?

or I need to buy prepar 3d ?

I have windows 10 64bit

i7 6700k

sapphire r9 390 8GB

16 GB ram

also one more question

I have 1 tb blue western digital

and 2 TB black western digital

which drive to install to it

or I need an ssd ?

my OS installed on my 250 GB sumsung ssd

You dont qualify for Prepar3d so forget that.

You already own FSX-SE so use that. Just makes ure you have the latest updates for Steam Edition - should be automatic, but apply these before you start adding the addons.

You would be MUCH better off for loading times with an SSD, but the game will fit but the ORBX stuff won't unless you buy a large SSD, so you can use the HD for the ORBX stuff that isn't automatically installed into the main game folders - plenty of information on what that is, and how to do it on the ORBX forums.

FSX Steam is probably the best version of MSFS ever made. You can't go wrong sticking with.

That being said, if you want more eye candy and a little better performance, there's nothing wrong with buying a license for P3Dv3.3.5. P3D will run fine alongside FSX-SE. All of your ORBX addons can be installed in both P3D and FSX-SE.

As for aircraft, this where you may have some issues. FSX PMDG aircraft cannot be installed in P3D without buying a P3D specific license. Worse, PMDG P3D license are more expensive that the FSX. But for the most part, aircraft addon publishers have been pretty good about allowing dual license/install. My Aerosoft Airbus A3.xx can be installed in multiple versions of FSX and P3D concurrently. Aerosoft has mentioned this quite often in their forums. Captain Sim has no opinion on installing their 757/767 in P3D. I have done it quite successfully. So it depends on your addon publisher.

Generally speaking, most modern scenery is cross compatible.

Lockeed Martin does allow you try it out for 30 or 60 days, I can't remember the exact number, and return it for a full refund if you are not satisfied. So their is no risk for trying it out.

Finally, if I were you, I would instally P3dc on your 2 GB WD Black Drive. A mature install of P3D, just like FSX, has a tendency of growing to epic proportions.

LM : "Sorry Sir, we have a strong suspicion you're gonna use our product for 'Personal Consumer Entertainment' and therefore cannot process this order. Have a nice day."

Wim

I have to agree! If Lockheed Martin wanted everything to go as their EULA stated then they should have mandated that some sort of proof like a copy of your pilots license, certificate from your flight training instructor, or academic institution, before your purchase can go through.

In this instance, money talks! I looked at P3d when it first came out. I read what was required and decided it wasn't for me. FSX still works fine.

Do what you think best. I doubt that the LM police will come knocking at your door!;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

It means that P3D is not Entertainment Software.

This is nonsense. What do you know about the OP? How do you know that he is looking for "entertainment software"? How do you know that he doesn't he qualify under the EULA for either the Academic of Professional license? You have no idea what you're talking about........

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

You dont qualify for Prepar3d so forget that.

Incorrect.

Yes, LM definitely states in their EULA that "P3D may not be used for consumer entertainment purposes."

But they don't specify what "consumer entertainment" means. If LM really wanted to make sure P3D was used for professional training only, they would definitely have set up a system so that each customer had to prove that they were using it strictly for training, like how a student would have to submit a copy of his/her transcript to Spotify to qualify for the student discount.

In fact, LM "clarified" on their EULA a while back and said, "We are unable to comment further on the EULA, nor interpret the EULA outside of the wording already incorporated in the document."

To me, LM's EULA is very much like the FARs for real aviation. The rules are made purposefully vague as to allow end users quite a margin of freedom of their own interpretation (read: go right ahead!).

So, you can play P3D all day long and be entertained, but you are more than free to call it "independent learning" or "personal knowledge-building", not entertainment. ;)

http://i.imgur.com/iMDlMAv.jpg

TseTse i5-9600K @ 3.7~4.5GHz | RTX2060 Super 8GB | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1TB Samsung 840EVO | Z390 Chipset | Windows 10 x64

To me, those who adamantly defend that LM expects an ultra-strict adherence to the letter (not the spirit) of the EULA when they haven't even tried implementing a system to enforce it in such a a way (nor haven't even condemned an end-user as to set a legal precedence) is nonsense.

But, hey, your perspective, your interpretation, your decision.

At least I agree with one part: this thread will soon be closed.

http://i.imgur.com/iMDlMAv.jpg

TseTse i5-9600K @ 3.7~4.5GHz | RTX2060 Super 8GB | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1TB Samsung 840EVO | Z390 Chipset | Windows 10 x64

To me, those who adamantly defend that LM expects an ultra-strict adherence to the letter (not the spirit) of the EULA when they haven't even tried implementing a system to enforce it in such a a way (nor haven't even condemned an end-user as to set a legal precedence) is nonsense.

But, hey, your perspective, your interpretation, your decision.

At least I agree with one part: this thread will soon be closed.

This sounds to me like saying that a developer who does not put rigid copy protection in place actually wants his software to be pirated. Or, if I don't put up a fence, then I want campers and dogs on my front lawn. All that LM does is to trust their customers - if they didn't mean what they write in the license, they would not write it in the first place. And by doing this, they keep the option to revoke any license if they deem it necessary. As P3D depends on online validation, they could - no need for any LM police.

My personal opinion is: don't guess. Just ask LM directly before you buy the product.

This sounds to me like saying that a developer who does not put rigid copy protection in place actually want his software to be pirated. All that LM does is to trust their customers - if they didn't mean what they write in the license, they would not write it in the first place. And by doing this, they keep the option to revoke any license if they deem it necessary. As P3D depends on online validation, they could - no need for any LM police.

And lets not forget, ALL licenses are `active` licenses, are controlled - and can be cancelled - by the developer at any time.

They have no need of a police force, all they need to do is wait for people to reveal themselves.

Slight detour if I may, but could I remind members who don't yet have avatars to add one to their profile ;)

Quite a few of you who have contributed to this thread have yet to select one, so could you possible put it on your 'to do list'.

Thanks chaps :D

Dom

Btw. the "not for personal entertainment" part IMHO is probably the most misunderstood quote ever. It only seems strange when you limit P3D to it's flight simulator properties. But it is much more than that. LM turned it into an universal training tool for emergency services and the military - air, sea and ground. Just take a look at the new SimConnect specs, how many brand new functions there are for weapons, health, scenario and observer management.

I don't think that LM (as a weapons manufacturer no less) could or should market it any other way. Because, who would consider rescueing injured people, dropping bombs and shooting at stuff "entertainment", right?

Archived