Looking for a PA-28-160 with ASI in MPH

suncanadian

Do you have any other aircraft loaded in your sim that has a suitable ASI in MPH?

If you do have one, it is possible to transfer that instrument by copying it from one panel folder to the other & also modifying the panel.cfg.

Keith

Good advice Keith, if I may add to that: the best place to look for an MPH ASI would be an allied WWII plane or panel in the library here. One that's commonly used is the ASI gauge from the CFS2 Hawker Hurricane, contained in hurricane1.gau.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks. How does one go about changing the ASI gauge?

I just downloaded the Hawker Hurricane FS2004 from the File Library and took a shot of the panel gauges. I did see the ASI is in MPH.

Screenshot upload is having a problem. Will try again in a while.

Is this the type of ASI gauge you are looking for? Click on it to make it bigger!

hurricane.JPG

Hawker.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Just for grins I installed a Piper Warrior II from the File Library. I took 2 screenshots of the 2D panel, one with the Knots AIS and one with the added MPH AIS from the Hawker Hurricane.

Standard Piper panel

Piper Warrior II 2D AIS (Knots).JPG

Modified Piper Panel

Piper Warrior with MPH AIS.JPG

The same can be done for a VC.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks. How does one go about changing the ASI gauge?

I think the initial problem is finding an existing gauge that is a dead ringer for the aircraft that you are learning on. Can you post a photo of the one in your aircraft? It may then be possible for someone on this forum to then suggest to either copy that instrument from an existing model, or even to create one for you ( I could do that if you wish. You can P.M. me if so.)

Good luck in your training.

Keith

Archived