Distorted close up spot view

This happens quite often, the spot plane view is up close and the view fish bowl like, and I am unable to revert to a more normal perspective. and then sometimes it reverts on its' own. Can anyone advise please?

Fin Fraser

You don't indicate how familiar you are with the normal controls, so if I tell you something you already know then please pass it by. The plus and minus keys will usually zoom you in and out. If they don't then try ALT-TAB to reset them. Also, I'd expect the backspace key to reset to the default view angle/distance.

That "fish bowl" appearance is because you effectively have an extreme wide angle camera lens which, on cameras, are indeed often called a fish bowl lens.

If the above keys don't work, you may have to go into your control key settings and find out what keys have been set for those functions.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

..the spot plane view is up close and the view fish bowl like, and I am unable to revert to a more normal perspective. and then sometimes it reverts on its' own.

Firstly set your zoom with the - and = keys, I like 0.60 myself (the readout is in red letters at the top right of the screen)

Secondly use the keys CRTL - and CTRL = to shrink or enlarge the plane..:)

Archived