Where can I find the plane I downloaded?

allanetaylor

FSX hangar? Where's that? Make sure your Select Aircraft screen shows all of the options circled in RED. Make sure the panel folder has a usable panel inside and not just a .cfg that aliases an aircraft you don't have.

select page.jpg

Here's a BN-2 from the File Library parked at SABA in the Netherland Antilles.

saba.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

If you downloaded and did nothing else, then it's likely not installed. Was it a .zip file, or maybe a .exe file? The actual file name could give some clues. As to where it is, it likely went to where ever you have your downloads go.

...but it doesn't appear as an option to choose within the FSX grid of planes.

It only appears there after installation.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

'THEY' (MS) don't tell you everything. But you can learn (just like we did). It's easy. Take your time the 1st time. When you do anything on Windows or FSX ONCE you will find it easier to do the next time(s). Times? Yep 1000's of times (in my case) in 15 years of simming. PM me and I can help answer any other questions you have. I use WinZip and I consider it the easiest and best working of any/all other un-zip programs. THE BEST!!

You will be downloading more files (believe me) so create a folder: 'C:\Downloads'. Don't put files on your desktop - just links to programs. You can make a 'Shortcut' to files or folders (like to 'Download' folder) so you CAN put THAT on your desktop - that's 'OK'.

So you now have a 'Centralized' place to put all your downloads (zip, or exe, or videos from YouTube, and programs).

Your downloads from FltSimCom will usually be a zip file. Zip files have contents (files such as gauges, effects, wav, bmps, txt, etc) COMPRESSED (ie Ziped) for transport thru the internet by your browser (ie:Internet Explorer or FireFox).

You need to get WinZip (or 7-Zip) program so IT can extract a zip file. Install it to 'Program Files' folder. Then create a shortcut on your desktop. Now when you double-click a zip file that program (Winzip or 7-Zip) will open the zip and show you the files. You 'select all' and choose 'extract' then browse to a TEMP FOLDER (create one under FSX main folder and call it 'Temp For Installs'). From there it's a simple operation-copy the aircraft folder and all sub folders to your airplane folder. Go fly.

Here is a nice tutorial video on YouTube:

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I download all my planes to desktop, then rummage through the file like a goody bag to see what's in it, and only fish out the files I want, and copy them into the FSX Sim Objects>Airplanes folder.

However the contents of the goody bags are not always the same, for example there might be 'folders within folders', which is why we need to know which is the exact Islander you've downloaded.

Archived