Activate Flight Simulator X

SummerSimmer

I purchased Flight Simulator X years ago.

I still have the original sleeve / package it came in, all the manuals, original disks and the product activation code label is still inside the jacket. I also have proof of purchase still.

Used to have it installed on a computer that finally died. There was no way to uninstall it.

Fast forward, new computer, tried to install it and it it refuses, saying the Product Code is invalid.

To me, that means Microsoft still has it logged in their system as being on my old computer and will never let me re-activate it. I called Microsoft and after a VERY painful long hold (extremely loud, speaker splitting garbled ?music? on hold) finally got someone who took down my Product Key. After a while, he said he would have to connect me back to some other department (extremely loud noise again). Calling Microsoft is not a viable solution. I was forced to hang up due to the impossibility of holding on in face of the distortion and noise. Total time on hold about 30 minutes.

Is there any way to get around this?

Thanks for any advice.

ROG Strix X470 Gaming MoBo

Ryzen 7 2700X CPU

Crucial 1TB MX500 2.5" Internal SSD

G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Look in the Main FSX folder for the Phone Activation file. Call the toll-free number for your area and you will get an automated answer and you should be able to enter your product key. There should be no hold or human to talk to.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Look in the Main FSX folder for the Phone Activation file. Call the toll-free number for your area and you will get an automated answer and you should be able to enter your product key. There should be no hold or human to talk to.

This is the way to go. Just reactivated a copy of Windows over the weekend after replacing a broken motherboard, and spent a total of 5 minutes on the phone. Didn't talk to a single human during the call, or have to listen to any distorted music.

If it was a problem because of the old computer I would expect a different message.

I Think you just typed it wrong.

If you have fsx gold, there are two keys.

"flight sim x pro" -- is fsx (deluxe)

and

"flight simulator x xp" -- is for after installing fsx acceleration.

Make sure you type it correctly. My key has a 8 in it and it already happened a few times that I accidentally typed a B instead.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the Deluxe Edition...not Gold

ok. I'll try it again. But I did finally talk to someone at Microsoft and they said the Product Key was invalid....even though I had activated it before on a different computer and even though I purchased it from Game Stop and have ALL the original disks and the yellow PK in the plastic housing.

I never under ANY circumstances shared this key with anyone other than Microsoft phone support.

But I will try again.

Thanks

Ryzen 7 2700X CPU

I have the Deluxe Edition...not Gold

ok. I'll try it again. But I did finally talk to someone at Microsoft and they said the Product Key was invalid....even though I had activated it before on a different computer and even though I purchased it from Game Stop and have ALL the original disks and the yellow PK in the plastic housing.

I never under ANY circumstances shared this key with anyone other than Microsoft phone support.

But I will try again.

Thanks

To clarify, did the person say the product key was invalid, or already in use? I would expect the second one as it was installed on another machine, and isn't usually a problem to reactivate. If the former, make sure you are typing it in correctly. As noted B vs 8 can easily be confused.

Thanks to all of you for your help. I was able to activate FSX today and am using it again for the first time in about 3 years. Elated.

I know I must seem like a dope and the assumption would probably be that I was entering the PK incorrectly, but it seems as though the activation process was a little different than when I tried 3 years ago. Maybe I have just forgotten and was making a mistake on entry or maybe I never tried phone activation. Not sure now.

In any event, I'm flying again! THANKS !!

Ryzen 7 2700X CPU

Archived