Gulfstream 650 for FSX

doering1

Not really. It's just how "protective" Gulfstream is about their intellectual property.

Oh I realize the IP concern, but really ... aircraft manufacturers have everything to gain from having their designs modelled by the leading software companies. Like a real company would even attempt to copy Gulfstream multi-million dollar designs? It just seems very narrow minded in this day and age to not allow their designs in a flight simulator.

... aircraft manufacturers have everything to gain from having their designs modeled by the leading software companies.

Apparently Gulfstream does not see things the same way you do.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

... aircraft manufacturers have everything to gain from having their designs modelled by the leading software companies

How many extra sales would that generate? A company wont buy one of Gulfstreams competitors because "having their designs modelled by the leading software companies." Also, it's doubtful that a FS developer are classes as a leading software companies in the real world.

But seeing how it'd be at little or no cost to Gulfstream, it'd be pure profit to them with the licensing. Albeit miniscule profit but profit nonetheless. But it's their plane.

Companies have better things to do than seeking "miniscule proft".

The only real lesson you could teach them is to show that even a single one of their competitors has sold an aircraft because of the existence of a simulated model. Good luck with that.

Personally, as a marketing professional, I see it as massively short-sighted for Gulfstreama' sales team not to have picked up on the opportunity value of concluding a presentation by the sales team and showing a prospect around a jet or interior by handing over a laptop loaded with flight sim carrying a selection of Gulfstream products, all liveried to suit that prospect.

But given the fact that they focus on the top end execjet market, and the G650 is back ordered at least until 2017, I guess they don't need to give a stuff what we think. As long as they have air-to-air exteriors in 'Criminal Minds' matched to 737-sized interiors, they're obviously fooling the masses very successfully without our help.

Profit is profit, even more so when the cost to get it is next to none. But as I said before, it's their plane. I rarely fly the business jets so it's a non-issue for me.

No company is to waste its resouces in seeking "miniscule profits" when it could use them to seek large profits instead. That a fundamental point about business.

I've been wanting a nice FSX Gulf for ages. Disappointed they won't allow it. I can only imagine the possibilities if say, Ceranado produced one...
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

No company is to waste its resouces in seeking miniscule profits when it could use them to seek large profits instead. That a fundamental point about business.

What resources would be spent by Gulfstream? I would assume a lot of the info that would go into the aircraft.cfg and .air file would be in a pdf or a paper document. Images, interior and exterior dimensions could be done by the software developer, probably over a period of a couple of weeks. So the expenses on Gulfstream would be a plane being tied up a couple of weeks, a couple of minders to keep an eye on the developers, the electricity the developers might use, the plastic for visitor ID badges, and lawyers to drum up terms and conditions.

It's not about profits, miniscule or otherwise, but about proprietary rights. For whatever reason, Gulfstream doesn't want to give out their name or likeness.

http://my.flightmemory.com/pic/tvieno.gifhttp://www.vatsimsigs.co.uk/Status/1136602.jpg

What resources would be spent by Gulfstream?

Asked and answered.

...lawyers to drum up terms and conditions.

They would quickly eat up any licensing fees collected.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

It's not about profits, miniscule or otherwise, but about proprietary rights. For whatever reason, Gulfstream doesn't want to give out their name or likeness.

That pretty much sums it up. Nothing said here or in any other forum is going to change their point of view.

Robert Kerr

3D Modeler & Texture Artist

I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz, GTX-970 w/4GB, 8gb DDR 3 RAM, two SSDs, and Win 7 64 bit.

Any chance anyone (even remotely) associated with Gulfstream visits this forum or reads these threads?

Maybe someone on the build floor.

We're not even close to being their market.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Any chance anyone (even remotely) associated with Gulfstream visits this forum or reads these threads?

If you are asking if Gulfstream would "notice" if someone attempts to bring any model to the flightsim world, the answer is yes...

Well, not Gulfstream per se, but rather one of several legal firms who's entire practice revolves around copyright and/or trademark infringement. They have clerks who spend their days searching the internet for any signs of such activity, then proceed to pounce like crouching tigers on the case, immediately firing off their infamous "Cease and Desist" letters. :eek:

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Counterpoint here - there ARE G550's available in the flightsim world. Is that an aberration?

Yes there are, although honestly none that I'd consider as more than barely 'freeware worthy'...

It may well be that these 'developers' are located in countries where copyright and trademark laws are officially scoffed at by the host country's government and/or court system.

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Counterpoint here - there ARE G550's available in the flightsim world. Is that an aberration?

And they usually use default panels and sounds. So unless you prefer to fly from the outside only because some do look quite good from that angle......

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

There appears to be one in the FlightSim Library

FSX Gulfstream V

FSX Gulfstream V. G550 model, texture and sounds by Peter Brun. Corrected flight dynamics and data by Douglas E. Trapp. Cockpit and repaint by Per Neis.

• 2 weeks later...
Perhaps we'll get a Falcon 8x in the near future! Perhaps even nicer than the Gulfstream G650!

http://www.onlineamd.com/dassault--first-falcon-8x-revealed-010515.aspx#.VNd0XWK9KSM

No legal trouble there. That one can be made! There is a Legacy available (payware), since you seem to like bigger, luxury jets,but it's a port over from FS9 and has numerous bugs that won't be fixed. Shame too, because it really is beautiful, inside and out. http://www.justflight.com/product/legacy-executive-jet

Archived