The requested flight file is corrupt or can't be found "Online"

Guest GillesDevos

Guest GillesDevos

The requested flight file is corrupt or can't be found "Online", this comes when i open FSX SE. I only can press abord and then FSX shutt down :( . Can somebody help me?

Specs:

HP Envy; Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz; 12,0 GB RAM; 64 bits; Nvidia GeForce GT740M

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

FSX, Steam Edition - despite repeated reinstallations and updates we keep getting the following error message:

The requested flight file is corrupt or can´t be found.

" -dxlevel 80 +mat_antalias 0 window "

Any help would be greatly appreciated - we have been fighting with this for several days.

Thanks in advance!

K

Sounds to me, for what it worth, like your FSX.cfg file got a corrupt line in it.

Go into it with NotePad or Notepad++. Don't use an actual "word processor" as they add characters which render .cfg files useless to the sim.

Look for a heading like this: [uSERINTERFACE]

Under that is a line thus: SITUATION=

Ignore anything after the "=". In fact, what you want to do is DELETE anything after the "=" sign.

Save the .cfg file as it is now, with the line SITUATION= just like you see it here.

NOW try to start FSX.

I have trouble once in a while starting FSX:SE, and almost invariably, just doing this little "trick" solves the trouble. Why? I have no idea. I've found something that works, FOR ME, and use it. I do seem to notice that it seems to occur most often if I end the sim after a crash, or when landing a helicopter (or anything else for that matter) someplace other than an "airport".

Hope this works for you!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hello all, and happy new year, thank you for your advice. Ok: I tried editing the file as recommended and tried again, unfortunately that did not help. I then tried moving all add-ons over to an external drive and deinstalling fsx as described by dovetail on their support page. I double-checked after that and removed everything connected with fx. I then reinstalled fsx se. It does not run. The error message now states that the flight file is corrupt or can't be found, and gives a resolution specification (-height 1080 -width 1920) which should be standard, right? Any help appreciated. Thanks! K

When you re-installed FSX, did you put the old FSX.cfg file back in, or did you let FSX build a new one the first time you tried to run it?

You can try renaming the FSX.cfg file something like FSX.BAK, then try starting it. That way it has no "preconceived notions".

Did you re-install it to C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files(X86)? If so, I, personally, would un-install and re-install it anywhere else. C:\, D:\Temp, whatever. Anywhere but those two directories. Windows restricts a lot of the actions available to a user in those two folders.

The first time you tried to start FSX, were you able to get ANYwhere? Like to the Settings menu in FSX? If so, did you set the screen resolution in FSX to something other than your screen's "native resolution" or the resolution you screen uses by default? It should be the same as your screen's Native Resolution.

Are you trying to start FSX by using a shortcut to the FSX.exe file, by double clicking on FSX.exe, or are you trying to start it from the Steam menu? Sometimes that seems to be the only way it'll start, by starting it from the Steam window. Normally, I use a shortcut to the FSX.exe file, and it's set to Run As Administrator. If you start it by double clicking on the FSX.exe file, try instead rclicking on the .exe file, and selecting Run As Administrator from the menu that appears.

Have you tried using the Steam menu's file checker for FSX? It will run through and see if anything having to do with FSX, I believe, is corrupt or incorrect somehow.

Just trying to think of anything that might cause your troubles. And thinking isn't my forte any more... :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Hi everyone, a big "thank you" goes out to all of you, especially Pat. Launching from the .exe and not through Steam did the trick. Dovetail has my dxdiag file and a mail waiting for them when they get back in after Christmas/New Year.. I did check the graphics as suggested,Nvidia was set all right (we have a Lenovo running Win 10 Pro)

This followed the software update through steam, deletion of fsx.cfg, clean reinstall (into x86, by the way) and measures suggested on Dovetail's website . We also cleaned off all the add-ons and are adding them back in slowly. Thanks again! Have a good year, all.

Karen

Glad you got it going, Karen :)

Just a head's up: With FSX installed in C:\Program Files(X86), it may (I will go so far as to say probably) not permit you to edit .cfg files "in situ". Aircraft.cfg, .air files, panel.cfg, whatever. You will almost certainly have to copy them to somewhere outside the (X86) folder, do whatever editing you want, then move them back into wherever they came from, replacing what's there.

Just something to be aware of.

Glad it's working properly though. Remember to Run As Admin when you start it up :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived