A Portrait in Blue and Gray

BillD22

In these shots from sometime in the late 70's early 80's a Grumman A-6E "intruder" flies past the aircraft carrier USS Midway (CVA-41), both in "Navy Gray" paint schemes while the Midway cruises through the deep blue waters of the Pacific

[click on the images for a full screen view]

a61.jpg

a62.jpg

Whoa, Bill! for a minute I though you might be referring to that that 1861-1865 blue & grey period of our history. :pThankfully, not so. Instead, a couple of beautiful captures of the A-6E and the good ole Midway. Very nice work :cool: :cool: :D

I spent my time in the Gator Navy and kept telling myself "somebody has got to do it". :)

Larry

Whoa, Bill! for a minute I though you might be referring to that that 1861-1865 blue & grey period of our history. :pThankfully, not so. Instead, a couple of beautiful captures of the A-6E and the good ole Midway. Very nice work :cool: :cool: :D

I spent my time in the Gator Navy and kept telling myself "somebody has got to do it". :)

Thanks Larry, Jan, & Kenny

No Larry - no connection intended to the "recent unpleasantness" :D:D:D - my hat is off to the carrier guys (and you gators too) but I always enjoyed flying over carriers knowing I'd be back on the ground in time for Happy Hour at the Club while they cruised on :D:D:

Archived