Any nice freeware "oldschool" jetliners?

donnybalonny

Hi all,

I would like to know if there´s any nice freeware older, pre FMS and GPS airliners out there.

My wishlist:

* FSX Acceleration ready (can be a port-over)

*A nice Virtual cockpit is a must!!!!!

*Not to big. Prefereably 2 engines, max 3

*sperry or similar autopilot

*well working navigation instruments

Thanks in advance

DB

Ok, I got the BAC 1-11- 200 to work (almost)

I did a ctrl+e start and fine, but lost right engine very fast and couldnt start it in the air, so I flew around with a handicap. :) The autopilot works very well a lot better than the Captsim Sperrys that I have tried, I did a vor lock and an ILS and perfect, I even managed to make a decent landing with 125kt on only one engine, first try.

Soooo, today was my lucky day. my preference was a rearengine no boeing/airbus thing. And I got that. So thanks a million for the link. Its very nice and clearly better than what I expected

I will study and do a decent start-up and hopefully it will all work the way its suppeosed to do. If I have succes, I will try with the Hawker Siddeley Trident as well. Thats a stunner.

DB

I have the BAC 1-11, the Trident, and the VC10 all working perfectly in FSX. I like the Trident the best of the three, especially the Trident 3 with the weird little booster engine, but they are all very nice and really fun to fly. I flew as a passenger on the Trident between Glasgow and London a few times when I was a kid. Pretty cool to get a chance to learn how to fly one!

There are a couple of changes you have to make to the smoke section of the aircraft.cfg file to get the smoke to work properly.

Yes, I agree. The BAC 1-11 is really fun. I had it up again with both engines working all the way. I´m still starting CTRL+e because I want to test nav system, autopilot and flight dynamics.

I have a few issues with the elevator trim, I am working on it and since its not to bad, I accept it.

The autopilot is rock-solid actually. It does exactly what its supposed to do and I have to fly the AC all to the limits before it starts showing trouble, like if I´m approaching near stall speed.

It shows its age, of course, but thats not a problem.

Archived