FSX/FS9 joystick usage

ital

Hi. I have used an old Microsoft stick for many years and decided to upgrade on the strength of what Froogle said in a review about the cyborg 5 but was disappointed with the size of the dead spot with rudder control. I have to move it a good 5 degrees before it registers on the plane unlike the old stick. I do however love the dual throttle controls with one throttle and the other mixture. It's also comfortable but the rudder control is a real downer.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hi. I have used an old Microsoft stick for many years and decided to upgrade on the strength of what Froogle said in a review about the cyborg 5 but was disappointed with the size of the dead spot with rudder control. I have to move it a good 5 degrees before it registers on the plane unlike the old stick. I do however love the dual throttle controls with one throttle and the other mixture. It's also comfortable but the rudder control is a real downer.

At the risk of being Captain Obvious. Did you check the null zone on your control calibration page? If it is set at low or no, that's certainly something I'd not be happy with either!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

As standard, yes it would be on the center point. But its a simple mod to add a spring that holds it at full left twist as the zero point. I had to change the twist on mines because it was floppy and lose. I added some covers to the spring ends to give it a more robust center point. Its still a wee bit wonky due to age but good to use never the less.

So basically you take out the standard "centered" spring and replace it with a normal spring and your good to go. At least in theory.

Of course it needs someone to actually go about making it. But I have seen plenty of Extreme 3d mods over the years so its entirely feasible.

Please give that a try!! Many/most of of us would love to hear your results!

Hi. OK so I have tried everything assassin and still have the null zone in rudder. Spoke to an IT person and he thinks its downtown analog and digital. Not sure but it does help me.

Disappointed

HUH? Is that downtown as in getting mugged or clubbed or downtown as in drinking at clubs?

BTW: I may have missed it but do you have a registered version of FSUIPC?

Archived