Tinted windows

bontik

Nrrd some help please,

I downloaded an Aeoro Buoro freeware from Flightsim,General Aviation, flies well , great sound and works just as well in FSX and P3D.

Problem is that the windows all have this blue tint that is difficult to see out of. Had same problem with an Aeronca Champ and P51D from Simviation.

Anyone out there with any ideas please?

Much appreciated

Bontik

Wow! That was fast! The file was there day before yesterday. Sorry about that.

UPDATE

http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/clear-vc-windshield-texture_topic24.html

scroll down just under the pictures and click on the link. It was there. I just tried it but it's for a QW 757. Oh, well, I tried! There are threads from other sites that explain the editing procedures for clearing the tinted windows. Do a Google search for FSX remove window tint.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi Bon,

What is the name of the aircraft you're referring to? I suspect that you misspelled it and can't seem to guess the proper name.

I, too, dislike the tinted window effect that many aircraft have. I realize it's an attempt to duplicate what the eye sees in the real aircraft but fails to take into account that eyes have the ability to compensate for this, where as the simulation does not. This simply results in an overly dark unrealistic view of the outside world.

There is a fix however. By darkening the alpha channel of the glass texture it is often possible to reduce or eliminate the darkening. If I can determine the aircraft that you're referring to I'll take a look at in and see if this can be done.

Jim F.

Hi again,

Glass that's tinted too darkly has always been a problem with me. When it's been part of the model I didn't know how to fix it. Because of this post I looked into it and have found out how to correct this. Here's the link to a thread at FS Developer where the solution can be found:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/reducing-glass-tint-when-in-model.432090/

Jim F.

Many thanks for your answers.

Heres the zip

fsx_aero_boero_ab-115_blue_n2048w.zip And its on page one of Fk\lt Sims General Aviation.

Incidentally, for interest sake, I bought Migration tool for downloading directly to P3D, and it works like a charm. Only problem is with some aircraft, which I just chuck out.

Thanks chaps

Bontik

Hi bontik,

The filename you provided is for a new texture for the aircraft, which zippy provided the filename of in post #6 of this thread, not the complete aircraft.

In post #9 of this thread I posted a link to a thread in which the solution to correct windows that are tinted too darkly is described. I hope this clears up any confusion.

I always prefer knowing how to correct a problem rather than just be given the answer. That way I know how to fix the problem if I run into it again. I've deleted quite of few aircraft because of tinted windows. If you would prefer I'll send you the aircraft without the tint. Just say so and I'll upload it to Box and post the link.

Jim F.

Hi Jim and Lane,

Very interesting following(???) your discussions. Your pics show the problem exactly.

However, my geriatric brain can't cope with computer science I'm afraid?

There are plenty of aircraft out there, so , if you guys don't mind, I'll just delete the ones with a problem!

But many, many thanks for all your trouble.It is so nice to know there are helpful guys out there!

Regards

Bontik

Archived