Joy Stick Auto Centers

usb777

How can I adjust how the joystick automatically centers the aircraft? Not my Siatek but within the air file or aircraft .cfg file? How much or little it returns to center. I would like to adjust the sensitivity of the elevator trim as well. Where might I find instruction on that setting as well.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Not quite an easy one to answer if I understand your question.

I assume that when you release your joystick from your hand the aircraft is not flying straight & level. This can be due to umpteen things, e.g. power level, speed, C of G position, fuel burn.....etc. So more specific data needed. Trim sensitivity can be adjusted in the .cfg Flight tuning section as a first try, but if you trim by clicks on your keyboard or your joystick buttons, then there is a factor in the .air file which IIRC is in 1101.

Keith

Thank you for the reply. I am looking to adjust the stick from not returning center so quickly. I have achieved that within the primary dynamics (line #1101) by coping another similar;ar aircraft. Just by guessing. I think what I need is the definitions and how to change the lines in the air file. I have been looking here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526961.aspx

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

That M$ ESP SDK totally confuses me!!!!

I should think you are looking at increasing the pitch damping parameter, can't remember which item that is, but happy experimenting!

Pitch MOI is possibly another.

Just think where else on earth can one get a brick to fly - Flight Sim!

Keith

I saw that one. I will play with it. Thanks!

Mike G.

Archived