Can NOT Figure out how to install FMC in FSX Steam

Floydturbo

Thanks for the reply. OK when I get my machine back from doctor, I will look at it again. Though il88pp, if as you said you copy pasted 'my copy' of the config...and it worked, then maybe I have another issue going on. It is in win 7 real fsx machine, so, nothing exotic there.

OK when its back, I will report back.

Geoff

Thanks for the reply. OK when I get my machine back from doctor, I will look at it again. Though il88pp, if as you said you copy pasted 'my copy' of the config...and it worked, then maybe I have another issue going on. It is in win 7 real fsx machine, so, nothing exotic there.

OK when its back, I will report back.

Geoff

I also copied and pasted from your example to my default 747-400 and it worked as shown in my screenshot. I was thinking you may have something going on, also!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Well, Because my main machine is at the doctor, I backed up the panel folder of the base model 747 in my steam version(in case of major stuff up) and applied the changes I have been applying to my main machine

...And...the FMC appears when I push shift and 8/*. Interestingly, when I close the FMC, and try and reopen it with shift and 8/* it will not re-open. However, when I checked the FSX views, Instrument Panel, I can see FMC...when I click this the FMC opens.

So, when I get back my main machine, I need to see what I stuffed up, because real fsx should have less vices than fsx-steam...Anyway guys, thanks for your help. I will report back when I see how the other machine goes.

Geoff

Great news on both fronts:

My machine was ready for collection with its new power supply fitted under warranty after 4.5 years into a 5 year hardware warranty at no cost.

I removed all the code I input and reinserted it and it works. Not sure why, because it all looked the same...anyway, computers....

Thanks for all your help. I maybe back here soon when I try and get the FMC working in the A380.

Geoff

Great news on both fronts:

My machine was ready for collection with its new power supply fitted under warranty after 4.5 years into a 5 year hardware warranty at no cost.

I removed all the code I input and reinserted it and it works. Not sure why, because it all looked the same...anyway, computers....

Thanks for all your help. I maybe back here soon when I try and get the FMC working in the A380.

Geoff

Glad ya got it going! Be sure to let us know exactly what download you used for the A380!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi zip,

Well, i was setting up to do the same thing with the FMC for the Project Airbus A380, with a Qantas repaint, and noticed when i looked at the panels, they were copied from the base 747400, which of course means the FMC for the base 747400 also works in the Project Airbus. So, one step done. Now need to load the VC I have found for the Project Airbus and see how all this marries.

Yet to try a flight with the FMC. Have just down loaded the FMC manual, which looks pretty straight forward, though not sure yet how I point the FMC at the Navdata?

Geoff

Archived