2D Panel issues. nVidia Surround (3 LCDs) + Win10

Skulll0

Hi,

I've been battling with this all day. First note I'm a network/computer engineer for my career, so don't dumb it down. Just new to FSX.

I am running three 27" LCDs at 1920x1080 with a Geforce 760. It uses three outputs on one video card. I have "PhysX" surround enabled so my desktop resolution is 5760x1080.

The game installs fresh. I've tried FSX+SP1 only, and I've tried FSX+Acceleration. Same result with both.

Its well documented about editing each airplane's .cfg file: \location\SimObjects\Airplanes\(Name)\Panel\panel.cfg and infact there is a zip by George Something that contains all the updated .cfg files for each airplane.

Unfortunately this did not work for me.

I'm stuck. I've been attacking this all day, reading a thousand articles. Everyone points to editing each airplane's .cfg file to basically look like:

[Window00]

file_1024=737-800_panel_background.bmp

file_1024_night=737-800_panel_background_night.bmp

alpha_blend=0.95

size_mm=1024

window_size=0.333, 1.000

window_pos=0.333, 0.000

alpha_blend=0.99

visible=1

ident=MAIN_PANEL

....and I've tried countless variations of this as I attempted to learn how manipulating this works.

I've also edited the main fsx.cfg and changed the widescreen variable to =true.

Any thoughts? I have no idea what else I can do to get "Cockpit" mode to properly load 2D instrument panels.

Is this an issue with me running Windows 10? Everything so far has worked flawlessly. I'm not at all experiencing frame rate issues. I literally just can't get it to render the 2D texture for most instrument panels.

Argh!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the insight! :o

-Greg

Nvidia760

3 Dell 27" IPS

Dell i5 w/ 20gb RAM

3 SSDs separate drives

despite your long explanation, with good stuff in it, I still have no idea what your question is here. You did not say!

No 2d panels showing at all? (how you got that I'll never know MrZippy:D)

Or are you trying to add a panel to an aircraft perhaps?

Or 2d panels show, but something is wrong with them?

Please explain.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks guys. I'll post a screen shot tonight.

The issue that I'm trying to resolve is when in full-screen mode, it won't render 2D panels. Setting transparency to 100% is a thought which I'll check into.

Apparently this is a known issue when you use "SURROUND" or "EYEFINITY" 3-monitor modes. But all the fixes I've read are about reducing the window_size values in the panel.cfg file by a third for each air plane ... that has not yielded any results.

I love the 3-monitor nvidia Surround setup in full screen mode, but its a show stopper if I can't use cockpit mode. Only Virtual Cockpit works. :(

Archived