Cabin alert faulty after installing new sound pack

wmkj

Good day,

I installed a freeware sound pack for my default FSX B738. It really gave a more realistic engine sound. In the package there were few other files besides engine sound i.e. landing gear, rudder, as well as cabin alert.

All other sound works great except for the cabin alert which were not functioning. It was supposed to provide cabin announcement for the No Smoking switch and Seat Belt reminder for the Seat Belt switch. Tried the wav.file from the folder & were working fine. Even the 'ding' sound were not heard. Have checked the sound setting to the max but to no avail.

Any advise is appreciated. Thanks guys :pilot:

OK, looks like the safety message is activated by the "No Smoking" switch, not the seatbelt switch.

[NO_SMOKING_ALERT]

filename=safety

I tried it and it worked as advertised! Make sure your cabin sounds are adjusted according to the README.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks mrzippy,

OK, looks like the safety message is activated by the "No Smoking" switch, not the seatbelt switch.

[NO_SMOKING_ALERT]

filename=safety

I tried it and it worked as advertised! Make sure your cabin sounds are adjusted according to the README.

Yes. Its supposed to work via "No Smoking" switch. All other sounds worked except for those 2 alert using "No Smoking" for Safety Announcement & "Seatbelt" switch was supposed to make a "ding" sound. Where else should I adjust? Is it anywhere to adjust in the cfg file?

I installed it, 737ng_cfm56-7b_sounds.zip, to test.

I unzipped.

Opened my 737_800 folder.

Renamed folder "..\b737_800\sound" to "..\b737_800\sound-0-orig-off"

Copied folder "sound" from the unzipped download to the b737_800 folder, so the new sounds will be now used in FSX.

Started a flight in the 737_800.

Flicked the smoking sign on the throttle quadrant. Heard the announcements etc.

Works a treat.

Waited for the announcement to end.

Flicked the seatbelt switch, only a ding sound there.

I think there even was a sound for gear up...? Maybe I'm imagining things.:cool:

Anyway, sounds work very well. Maybe try installing them again.

il88pp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I installed it, 737ng_cfm56-7b_sounds.zip, to test.

I unzipped.

Opened my 737_800 folder.

Renamed folder "..\b737_800\sound" to "..\b737_800\sound-0-orig-off"

Copied folder "sound" from the unzipped download to the b737_800 folder, so the new sounds will be now used in FSX.

Started a flight in the 737_800.

Flicked the smoking sign on the throttle quadrant. Heard the announcements etc.

Works a treat.

Waited for the announcement to end.

Flicked the seatbelt switch, only a ding sound there.

I think there even was a sound for gear up...? Maybe I'm imagining things.:cool:

Anyway, sounds work very well. Maybe try installing them again.

il88pp

:) Thanks mrzippy. Noted & will try to reinstall once I get back to my cockpit. :o

mrzippy,

Still unable to makeup both alert sound after reinstalling & copied the CabinAlert.wav file to the Main FSX Sound file.

BTW,

Flicked the smoking sign on the throttle quadrant

What did you mean by this? Sorry but the Smoking Sign Switch is on the overhead panel right? Or did you mean to spool up the engine then the sound works? I tried that but no luck. Or maybe I misunderstand something.

You are right, on the 737VC the smoking sign is on the overhead.

I have, in separate folders, three versions of the 737.

One is the defaultVC, one has the 747VC built in. The third one is the default VC again, but with only one livery. just for testing purposes.

I had tested earlier in the 747VC, there the smoking sign is on the throttle quadrant. And works.Works when using the 2D throttle panel smoking switch and also when using the one in the VC.

I just tested the sound in the 737 with the original VC. That worked too. There the switch is on the overhead. It works when using the switch on the panel, and also when using the switch in the VC.

The Announcement soundfile is "safety.wav" in the sound folder from the addon.

And MrZippy said for the 'bing' sound a file had to be in your main ..\FSX\Sound folder

But I found the 'bing' sound is actually in the addon's sound folder as well. It is file: CabinAlert1.wav

I knocked that file out, to test, and the 'bing' sound was no more.

It's a pretty simple install, nothing that can go wrong I think. Simply a matter of renaming the aircrafts original sound folder and putting the new one in.

Are you sure all sound options are on?

Options-settings-sound. Make sure there is a check mark in "Cockpit".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are right, on the 737VC the smoking sign is on the overhead.

I have, in separate folders, three versions of the 737.

One is the defaultVC, one has the 747VC built in. The third one is the default VC again, but with only one livery. just for testing purposes.

I had tested earlier in the 747VC, there the smoking sign is on the throttle quadrant. And works.Works when using the 2D throttle panel smoking switch and also when using the one in the VC.

I just tested the sound in the 737 with the original VC. That worked too. There the switch is on the overhead. It works when using the switch on the panel, and also when using the switch in the VC.

The Announcement soundfile is "safety.wav" in the sound folder from the addon.

And MrZippy said for the 'bing' sound a file had to be in your main ..\FSX\Sound folder

But I found the 'bing' sound is actually in the addon's sound folder as well. It is file: CabinAlert1.wav

I knocked that file out, to test, and the 'bing' sound was no more.

It's a pretty simple install, nothing that can go wrong I think. Simply a matter of renaming the aircrafts original sound folder and putting the new one in.

Are you sure all sound options are on?

Options-settings-sound. Make sure there is a check mark in "Cockpit".

I have tried again with no luck. Maybe I just ignore it for a while. Thanks a lot il88pp & mrzippy. You've been very helpful.

Archived