Easy way for anyone to set up moving SHIPS into FS2004

drake4896

I've had probs like this in the past. what I used to do was using the older AFCAD program and redesing the parking spots, I'm saying that because the ADE might seem complicating where as the AFCAD program is a lot easier.

Admittedly you can't move objects with the AFCAD program but you can rediesing the airfield to a certain extent.

1. Copy the AF2_MROC.bgl (or whatever the scenery file is called) file from its current active location to the desktop as a backup.

2. Within ADE, do an Open Airport from BGL and select that bgl file in the active location.

3. Move your buildings around, and any other editing you wish.

4. Select Compile (near top right corner).

5. Select as your compile target the file you originally started with. That is, you are going to compile back to the same file.

6. Agree to overwrite the file.

You're Dunn. If you don't like what you've done, you can always restore the bgl file from the desktop. If you need to repeat, do so from step 2, so you always have your original unedited file on the desktop.

Adding your ship's wake and/or smoke is done the same way. Purists may argue with this procedure, but it does work.

Thanks so much Steve.

One thing though if you could explain the line.."Select as your compile target the file you originally started with"

Cheers Andy

BTW, you're NOT done. You also need to SAVE the airport as an .ad4 file. You will use this file (using File/Open Airport) to make any further edits to the airport.

Once you import the airport using Open Airport from BGL, NEVER use that again for that airport. Always use Open Airport and open the .ad4 file. Make your edits, save the .ad4 file again, and then use Compile to create the BGL file.

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

No, the FS2004 Forum in order to add ship AI traffic to FS2004.

Not if "The track being ADE and its workings." as quoted by Mr. Socks. I have AI ships and I use FS2004 yet don't need nor know jack about ADE .... yet it is a popular topic in the "other" forum. Just trying to get him more info.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not if "The track being ADE and its workings." as quoted by Mr. Socks. I have AI ships and I use FS2004 yet don't need nor know jack about ADE .... yet it is a popular topic in the "other" forum. Just trying to get him more info.

So share with us, Mr. Socks included, how you did it.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Hello All

Thanks for all who tried to help me in this thread,which wasn't actually mine in the first place.

You took a lot of time and effort to try and help me out.

A particular mention for Steve (old wombat)

Thank you Sir.

I still have not worked out the ADE program, or managed to add wakes to static ships.

But iam still flying ,my sim looks great ,my beer tastes good ,and iam still alive,so I will finish my participation in this thread and wish you all goodnight /M/A/E

Cheers

Andy

Archived