Default FSX aircraft lights not working

1redbarron

If it comes down to a Repair, any addons, other than default repaints, will not be affected. You can always copy and save the FSX.cfg for use again after the Repair of FSX and Acceleration is done. Just something to think about.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks zip, I'll give it some thought.

By the way, is it disc 1 or 2 for a repair?

Windows 7 Home 64bit - 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD - 2TB Master Hard Drive

Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler

16GB DDR3 2133Mhz Patriot Viper V3 Red Performance/Gaming RAM

AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - GSX - FS Cabin Crew - ASN SP5

Thanks zip, I'll give it some thought.

By the way, is it disc 1 or 2 for a repair?

If you don't have the 3RD disc for Acceleration, then it's uninstall SP2 and then SP1, insert disc 1 and when it's finished, then disc 2. Start the Sim to make sure it works, then install SP1 and SP2.

From fxsttcb: stock repair answer:

The biggie with a Repair is any default file, including those default aircraft.cfgs with added liveries, that have been modified, tweaked, or otherwise changed, will be returned to default status.

You can make a copy of your existing FSX folder before the repair and paste those individual files back in afterwards.

IMPORTANT:

Acceleration Repair only fixes what the Acceleration expansion pack modifies/adds. It will not repair core FSX files.

If you have SP1, SP2, or Acceleration installed, they will have to be uninstalled before a repair attempt, and reinstalled, after the repair, or it won't work.

Once you have your FSX up and running properly again, back it up, all of it.

You may need it again and it's a lot easier than a Repair or Re-Install.

Just checked. There are three discs.

Now you come to mention it. I did try the freebie Windows 10 upgrade recently which I didn't like and reverted back to Windows 7. This did entail updating the graphics driver. But I'm sure all was working fine still. Well, as sure as I can be.

If a repair is going to mean re-installing all my extras and setting up my cfg file again then I'll leave as is Zip.

So changing the entire Operating System back and forth plus updating the driver and the only thing it did was screw up 2 different lights? I think you were lucky!

Hi there.

I have this problem a couple of times (with the FSX DVD installation) and found it is down to files missing / corrupted in the Effect folder of FSX.

The first time I fixed by using the "Repair" option on the DVD's the second time by copying over the Effect folder from my FSX:SE.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

May your number of landings equal your number of takeoffs.....

Hi there.

I have this problem a couple of times (with the FSX DVD installation) and found it is down to files missing / corrupted in the Effect folder of FSX.

It could be a messed up effects file. In that case it won't hurt to download and run this

gauges_recovery_fsx.zip I always recommend this repair of effects and gauges for the "Dreaded Black Contrails".

FIXED

I had read today about the problem related to the Affects folder via the Avsim web site after I done a search. I did try reinstalling a full copy of FSX onto my other larger drive so I could copy the affects folder over to my original FSX setup but it wouldn't have it. In the end I ran the Repair procedure which worked and fixed the problem. :cool:

I had already backed up my default 737 and 747 aircraft folders which had all my texture add-ons, so I just replaced the originals with these and all were back up and running. Saved allot of faffing about reloading them one by one.

My add-on scenery and other add-ons such as ASN and GSX all stayed installed as well which was a bonus.

So, so far all is well (fingers crossed). A full back is on the cards just as soon as I get enough discs. :pilot:

Thanks Zip and others for your help.

Archived