any PMDG 737 Experts

Soar 21

The Weather Radar will not Function in the 737-600 or the 700 but it works perfectly on the 800 and 900 any ideas.

i use

ASN sp3

i have Latest Version of FSUIPC

also i don't have a Avsim Account to access the PMDG support Forums because i don't really like Avsim

Remember,these are two installers and two separate planes, even if one is called base package and the other is the expansion. I'd re-download both (but you probably only need the SP1d installer for the 600/700 expansion). This didn't work through the control center, both were full installers.

You probably did only get the SP1d for the base package and the expansion is not updated (wild guess, but I think the 600s panel config is missing the Wxr gauge that came with SP1D in the base package - or something like that).

• 2 months later...

I have dl'd both sp1d packages and "repaired" both sets of planes. Nothing is happening when I push the WXR button. ???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

USAF E-3 Crew Chief 1981-2001

FS2004 Century of Flight, FSX, flying since version 1.0!

A&P Mechanic...still getting my hands dirty on E-3's!...

I have dl'd both sp1d packages and "repaired" both sets of planes. Nothing is happening when I push the WXR button. ???

The latest version is 1.10.6461. I assume you have ASN installed?

You are clicking the WXR on the EFIS control panel?

There is actually rain to see on the radar?

Also the radar settings themselves will change how much is seen. IE: tilt, gain, etc..

The latest version is 1.10.6461. I assume you have ASN installed?

You are clicking the WXR on the EFIS control panel?

There is actually rain to see on the radar?

Also the radar settings themselves will change how much is seen. IE: tilt, gain, etc..

I have that version. ASN is installed and running. I even switched over to the 777 to make sure. And it works fine with it. Only on the 737 am I not able to get it to work. I click the button and nothing changes on the display. The panel on the center console is completely deactivated as I cannot push any button or make adjustments with the knobs. And I'm looking out the window to see rain falling!

USAF E-3 Crew Chief 1981-2001

FS2004 Century of Flight, FSX, flying since version 1.0!

A&P Mechanic...still getting my hands dirty on E-3's!...

Sounds weird.. The center panel controls will work when it's working. And if you

had "terrain" selected on the EFIS control panel, hitting "WXR" should blank out the

terrain and redraw the radar after 2-3 sweeps. Pretty sure anyway..

The only thing I can think of offhand is to reinstall all three SimConnect's, particularly if

you are using FSX-SE. If that doesn't do it, I would pester PMDG support..

I imagine they could get it lined out fairly quick. But for some reason I'm kind of thinking

it's not connecting with the radar data or something along those lines. Make sure no

AV blocking, etc as far as ASN.

edit.. as far as the AV, I see your 777 is working, so that means all should be OK

on the ASN side, or the 777 wouldn't work either.

Another thing.. Was that a full delete and reinstall, or a reinstall over a older

version? Some had problems with installing over a previous version. Mine wouldn't

let me do it at all. I had to uninstall and reinstall. So if it's copied over an old install,

you might consider uninstalling, and then reinstalling. I'd back up all my planes, and

other stuff.. It will overwrite any modified PMDG files such as sounds, etc..

So I back all that up and copy over to the new install.

One other clue as to if it's working or not.. You will see wxr data in blue letters on the

left side of the ND when the radar is on. Probably the same in the 777..

It will be above the "TRF" which is lower left, assuming it's set on in the TCAS

control on the center panel.. BTW, it will also add wind shear warnings, both audio

and on the ND. Will look like yellow and then red arrows so to speak which aim

towards the perceived wind mayhem. I've had it go off a couple of times..

Also you can set wind shear and micro bursts in ASN in the tools/debug page.

Not for the faint of heart... :eek: It will eat your lunch if you ain't on top of things.

Archived