PMDG VC Merge with Aerosim 787 (or any other aircraft)

cammck

Hey guys, as you can tell I'm looking to merge my PMDG 777 cockpit with my Aerosim 787. If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance.

This will not work unless you get hold of the source code for both airplanes. The VC is encoded in the graphical model and integrates tightly with the systems. To the best of my knowledge there is no way at all to pull this off.

This will not work unless you get hold of the source code for both airplanes. The VC is encoded in the graphical model and integrates tightly with the systems. To the best of my knowledge there is no way at all to pull this off.

Hey, thanks for the reply. Here is an example:

Also, do you happen to know how one could get a hold of the source code?

What he is telling you is that it can't be done and it wont be done. You have as much chance of getting the source code as I have of becoming pope.

Ah. OK, now I understand. You want to make a PMDG 777 look like a 787? This is actually possible, basically you implement the 787 into the 777 as an additional livery. There is a paragraph in the video's comments, with a short description how this is done, seems easy enough.

But you have to understand, that the plane flying is still the 777 - it only looks like the 787 from the outside, OK? You won't get anything 787ish when it comes to flight dynamics or systems and you will get none of the custom PMDG animations. Probably not even the landing gear will work, but you would have to try to find out.

Forget about sources, you will never get these. Pay PMDG a couple of million and they might release them to you - source code is the developers most valuable treasure - with the source files in hand, anyone could build the final product!

Ah. OK, now I understand. You want to make a PMDG 777 look like a 787? This is actually possible, basically you implement the 787 into the 777 as an additional livery. There is a short paragraph in the videos comments, with a short description how this is done, seems easy enough.

But you have to understand, that the plane flying is still the 777 - it only looks like the 787 from the outside, OK? You won't get anything 787ish when it comes to flight dynamics or systems and you will get none of the custom PMDG animations. Probably not even the landing gear will work, but you would have to try to find out.

Forget about sources, you will never get these. Pay PMDG a couple of million and they might release them to you - source code is the developers most valuable treasure - with the sources, anyone could make the product!

Ah, alright so considering obtaining the source code option is out of the question haha. Do you happen to know how I would be able to do this merge? I understand its all of the 777 systems, I'm just very anxious to fly one of those birds(787). Very excited for the QualityWings 787 as you can imagine. Anyway, earlier in the week I tried the method that was posted in the comments of that video however I had no luck. I feel like I was doing something wrong though. Do you think you might be able to help me with this?

Thanks. :)

Ah, alright so considering obtaining the source code option is out of the question haha. Do you happen to know how I would be able to do this merge? I understand its all of the 777 systems, I'm just very anxious to fly one of those birds(787). Very excited for the QualityWings 787 as you can imagine. Anyway, earlier in the week I tried the method that was posted in the comments of that video however I had no luck. I feel like I was doing something wrong though. Do you think you might be able to help me with this?

Thanks. :)

Hi, I don't think it is that hard to do, just follow what the guy wrote. If you get stuck, feel free to get back here and post your question.

But... I hope you dont' mind me asking - what is the point of flying a 777 that looks like a 787 from the outside? If you are that anxious, why not open a thread here in the forum asking for the best 787 model available? I'm pretty sure there will be the usual suspects about who are knowledgable about the freeware offerings...

Btw. the Aerosim looks pretty good. What is it that you don't like about it?

Thanks for your help. And regarding the Aerosim, none of the buttons in the cockpit work(LNAV, VNAV, SPD INT, etc.). Also the FMC doesn't work which makes any LR flights quite difficult. :P

Thanks for your help. And regarding the Aerosim, none of the buttons in the cockpit work(LNAV, VNAV, SPD INT, etc.). Also the FMC doesn't work which makes any LR flights quite difficult. :P

Ah, OK, bummer. Quite expensive then. But according to their website, the FMC should work with a default FSX flightplan with LNAV too? VNAV is just for show. Anyway, is there no freeware about that has more functionality? Like the TDS 787, there is a model with VC (I think). Or pimp the thing with one of the addon FMCs?

On the other hand, QW kind of promised they would get the 787 out "in 2015" - so there is still hope for christmas ;)

Yep, Aerosim's 787 leaves alot to be desired. I had it for a while and uninstalled it. I will wait for QW's 787 in hopes it will have a much better autopilot system.

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

Ah, OK, bummer. Quite expensive then. But according to their website, the FMC should work with a default FSX flightplan with LNAV too? VNAV is just for show.

;)

Dunno.. VNAV is no more for show than LNAV.. I use VNAV on most every flight at

some point, as do most real world flights these days. Or at least SWA, etc..

I use custom made FSX flight plans and can run both LNAV and VNAV, and FSX ATC

doesn't mind at all.

PMDG needs to make a 787. And I predict they will eventually. Seems like a logical

airplane for them to tackle as long as Boeing will give them the data, and would sell

quite well I imagine.

But I do admit I've grown quite picky. I refuse to fly a jet that does not allow realistic

operation. No realistic FMC, LNAV, or VNAV, etc? Off to the recycle bin it goes.. :(

Being as the only FSX jet I currently have that meets my requirements is the 737NGX,

that's the only jet I've been flying since 2011. All others collect dust in the hangers.

I still haven't sprung for any of the larger PMDG planes yet. IE: 777, etc.

But I actually prefer the smaller 737 anyway, so it doesn't bother me. I don't like

long red eye flights.. I always fly real time with no clock speed up, and don't have

time to sit at cruise for hours on end. I like the shorter hops. For me, even 3 hours

is a pretty long flight.. The majority are a third of that duration.

Dunno.. VNAV is no more for show than LNAV.. I use VNAV on most every flight at

some point, as do most real world flights these days. Or at least SWA, etc..

I use custom made FSX flight plans and can run both LNAV and VNAV, and FSX ATC

doesn't mind at all.

I read the description on the website as just another implementation of the basic FSX AP. You're saying that VNAV really works?

Quote:

FMS of B787 for FSX works with the flight plan generated by the FSX flightplanner. LNAV commands the aircraft to follow the flight plan route, and VNAV is capable of displaying the location of T/C and T/D on the ND.

I read the description on the website as just another implementation of the basic FSX AP. You're saying that VNAV really works?

Quote:

FMS of B787 for FSX works with the flight plan generated by the FSX flightplanner. LNAV commands the aircraft to follow the flight plan route, and VNAV is capable of displaying the location of T/C and T/D on the ND.

I thought you were talking about using VNAV in general.. I guess you meant the VNAV

in that 787 is just for show as in non working..

Or maybe I should say only semi-working.. Couldn't do too much if the FMC is non

working.

I run VNAV a lot with the 737, but I have to make my FSX plans match my FMC route,

not the other way around. The default ATC doesn't deal with SID/STAR'S using the

built in planner. Mine use SID/STAR'S, but the approaches are vectored in and the

STAR is basically thrown out the window once I get close. Departing, I can punch

in VNAV at 400 agl and fly all the way to cruise using the SID if I want to.

Of course, the plane itself can fly LNAV/VNAV from 400 agl to an autoland if I ignore

FSX ATC.

But FSX ATC won't let me do the STAR "by the book" all the way to the ILS.

It will insist on vectoring me to the ILS instead of using the published STAR by the

book as the route is punched into the FMC. So I can't do a totally automatic flight

and not have FSX ATC pitch a fit.. :(

Sorry, yes, I meant only the VNAV in the 787 by Aerosim.

As for SIDs and STARs: You could try RC4 or PFE. They won't order you around, but they won't shout at you either. This is pretty realistic I guess, ATC would only chime in when you deviate from your assigned procedure. Unfortunately that again is not implemented in RC4 or PFE either, they just ignore you while flying the SID/STAR...

Sorry, yes, I meant only the VNAV in the 787 by Aerosim.

As for SIDs and STARs: You could try RC4 or PFE. They won't order you around, but they won't shout at you either. This is pretty realistic I guess, ATC would only chime in when you deviate from your assigned procedure. Unfortunately that again is not implemented in RC4 or PFE either, they just ignore you while flying the SID/STAR...

Actually FSX ATC works out pretty well overall. It's aware of the SID/STARS being

as I put them into the plan, and lets me fly LNAV no problem for the majority of the

flight. It's only at the very end where they start to vector you.

But it really doesn't bother me much as real world can be pretty much the same in

many cases. And it doesn't bother me having to change course for the approach.

Actually to me it's good practice to be able to do whatever they want and still be

able to manage the energy for a good landing.

And being I'm an artificial SWA buoy when playing commercial airliner, don't ever do

autolands and such anyway as a SWA jet. I'm only able to do those with the BBJ's,

or if I defect to a different airline. ;)

And if I do want to do an automatic flight just for grins, I just don't use FSX ATC.

Probably only 1 out of every 100+ landings I do is an autoland.

If you do manage to merge the two, it will not give you anything of an illusion of flying a 787. The 787s cockpit is very different from a 777 and so are the flight dynamics. I would not recommend it...
Intel i7 fourth gen (3.5ghz) 16GB RAM EVGA GTX660 Windows 10 64bit Pro edition

Archived