Kinda Newbie w/ Questions

jfoxwi

Hello, I've flown FS for several years now on and off. I recently have had a desire to get back in to it more and bought a larger monitor and now gung ho and spending a little more time with FSX and maybe FS2004 which I still have.

There are a couple of things I want to do that I have tried to figure out but haven't been able to master yet.

- My home airport is KMSP...I want to add 17/35 updates but cannot figure out where to place them to get it added for some reason.

- I really want to find some of the static scenery and "live" flights with real airlines if possible. My good friends brother used to have this all set up about 10 years ago and would help me with it but I never learned where to find these downloads or how to download them.

I currently have the CH Products Yoke and Rudder Pedals. Anything else that is a recommended nice to have? I see the Saitek yoke and pedals look a bit nicer and have add-ons too but not sure I want to spend that kind of $ yet. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, etc.

Alright, another question while trying to get myself back in to this today...what are the ideal settings for FSX? Using a HP ProBook 4540s w/ 4GB of Ram and runnings Windows 7. Are there any minor upgrades I should do to get better performance? Just looking at things like frame rate, etc...what are the best settings? Thanks in advance for the guidance!

Archived