VC rain effect aircraft in FSX

SAM Hunter

I assume that you are using the Royal "We" since it is impossible for you to be speaking for all simmers, everywhere in the universe...

It would be more accurate to say instead "many of us..." :)

I would rather pay for engine damage modeling than a VC rain effect.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I assume that you are using the Royal "We" since it is impossible for you to be speaking for all simmers, everywhere in the universe...

It would be more accurate to say instead "many of us..." :)

I'm not even sure "many of us" is correct. The "We" that I'm aware of favor more accuracy on the planes, more accurate failuremodes, etc. & less eye candy which is my pick as well.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Ah yes! Not to mention the awful hangovers from drinking it.... But I still loved Olongapo! My fave port call.

We discovered that the AP's have NO sense of humor about a bunch of hung-over Marines trying to sneak onto the flightine to get some pure O2 out of parked planes, either.

Best hangover cure I ever found.

I agree about the VC rain effect. Accuracy of the flight modeling, systems, gauges etc is much more important to me than eye-candy, but everyone wants different things out of the various sims. It's a matter of pleasing as many people as possible as often as possible, and I have a funny feeling that what developers put into their planes is colored by their own desires as to what they want out of airplane. Dev Jones might prefer pure systems accuracy, where-as Dev Smith wants more eye-candy. I believe it's up to US as those who pay for (or DL free-ware versions of) planes to pick what WE want, then go find which provides it. I am pretty sure there is probably something to pretty much make most people happy, or at least a majority. Especially in the payware lines. A pay-ware "company" won't last long without people purchasing their products, and that won't happen unless there is what enough people want to see.

Just my 2¢ worth.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

FTX Central Rockies (Volume 6) And the ID stands for Idaho.

BTW: I just looked ID84 up on Google Map. It looks almost as bad there too.

There you go:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?291963-ID84-as-suggested-by-Rupert

What did I think apart from "ouch"? Nicely done, I like to see those runways in FSX, as a proof that they are indeed possible. AI don't like them, but I do.

Archived