Fs9 cfg?

pjsvegas

I posted this problem a couple weeks ago, and received two replies. I have a continuing problem with fs9 stopping shortly after I begin a flight. This problem started several months ago intermittently, but now can not finish any flights. The first reply said to delete the fs9 cfg file and hold it in the recycle bin and restart fs9 and let it rebuild a new cfg. I can not find the fs9 cfg. Reply two stated he had this same problem and ended up changing his motherboard. I have w7 64 bit, 8gigs, a decent processor and run 4 monitors. Have run with sliders maxed out and at halfway, it doesn't seem to matter. I have a Radeon HD 6570, this might not be enough. All replies appreciated.

FS9.cfg is located in C\users\"your name"\app data\roaming\Microsoft\FS9

You may have to set folder options to "show hidden folders and files" first.

Your computer is fine to run FS9.

Have you patched it to 9.1 ?

What does windows error reporting say after a crash ?

During the flight before the crash open task manager and check how much memory is being used by FS9 in the processes tab.

What else are you running in FS9.... weather engine/ai etc?

does this happen at all airports/all over the world/with default as well as addon aircraft?

edit...I see you were told in another thread where the FS9.cfg file is located....were you not able to find it ?

Was not able to find cfg. I no longer seem to have a 9.1 patch, when I tried to download that I got update error 34. I have checked task manager before, does not seem to be problem. I use this for only classic airplanes and scenery (Cal Classics). This problem does not happen until I am in the air 10-15 minutes. No patch- Have been using this with no patch and no problem downloading, for quite a while. Problems! When the program stops it says, Microsoft fs has stopped working, checking for the problem, then just closes.

Well you now know where to find FS9.cfg

Go to your start menu and type "event viewer". It will give you more details of which file is causing the problem, although this is rarely conclusive.

Try the calclassics forum, and check there if the 9.1 patch is needed.

If you want to sort this out you need to try a number of flights with default aircraft and disable the calclassic addon scenery. Until you can narrow down where, and with what aircraft this occurs you are looking for a needle in a haystack.

pjsvegas,

When FS9 stops working, there should be an 'Event Report'. Please post the Contents of that Report (cut/ paste). The information contained within may help us to find your Issues, and hopefully, a solution.

The 9.1 Update is a simple Download from Microsoft, then you run the .exe File to Install the Upgrade. the FS9.cfg shouldn't have anything to do with your ability to Download Files.

A word of caution... I know this is frustrating, and in the heat of the moment many 'fixes' that look like they might solve the problem, may in fact make the situation worse.

Motherboard issues? I do not think so, or else your Computer plain wouldn't work.

Let's take it step by step, and go from there. The more information you can provide (pschulte started a good list), the easier it'll be to find the issue.

BE SPECIFIC, and as in depth as you can. Which specific airplane? Which Airport? Weather? AI? For example, does clicking on a Panel Icon cause the Crash?

Info like that makes a difference...

Hope this helps!

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

-

0x80000000000000

Media Center

780Tower

-

6:31:49 AM - Failed to retrieve nettv (Error: PackageName is invalid.)

[/i] I have 18 errors and warnings so far this date. I appreciated the help, however, I am over my paygrade with regards to doing and understanding some of what you are looking for in the event viewer. I tried one flight this morning from KLAS to Kden with skyhigh flight simulations boeing 707-3. This is all Cal Classic scenery . I do not have any special weather programs, or other special scenery programs. Start , taxi, take off , climb were all normal. This happens now, it seems on all aircraft used. Convair 580, l188 electra, Lockheed l1049G. I have all Cal Classic AI, Scenery and aircraft only at this time in FS9 only. I have had two installations before but was using up to much memory so switched to only one fs9 with classics only. I do not have to click on a specific panel as I can recall, just normal operation procedures. Today, as usual was just in climb phase and not clicking anything, then the shutdown. It seems about 10 minutes into climb. Never once has happened on the ground in any phase.

Could be a Media Center issue, not an FS one, specifically media center cannot connect to the Net TV server. Hope this link will help you:

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7861&start=0

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

-

0x80000000000000

Media Center

780Tower

-

6:31:49 AM - Failed to retrieve nettv (Error: PackageName is invalid.)

[/i] I have 18 errors and warnings so far this date. I appreciated the help, however, I am over my paygrade with regards to doing and understanding some of what you are looking for in the event viewer. I tried one flight this morning from KLAS to Kden with skyhigh flight simulations boeing 707-3. This is all Cal Classic scenery . I do not have any special weather programs, or other special scenery programs. Start , taxi, take off , climb were all normal. This happens now, it seems on all aircraft used. Convair 580, l188 electra, Lockheed l1049G. I have all Cal Classic AI, Scenery and aircraft only at this time in FS9 only. I have had two installations before but was using up to much memory so switched to only one fs9 with classics only. I do not have to click on a specific panel as I can recall, just normal operation procedures. Today, as usual was just in climb phase and not clicking anything, then the shutdown. It seems about 10 minutes into climb. Never once has happened on the ground in any phase.

From your last post, I would agree with Tiger1962; it could be W7 trying to Update the 'NetTv' software while you're in FS9. Try turning the TV software off, and run the Sim again to see if it crashes.

Just a thought...

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

You mean every time I try to fly its having a media issue, about the same time same place I get into the flight each and every time. FS9 has stopped working, trying to fix the issue. Same message. Program closes. Is this a clean sweep issue and punt and start again? FS9 I mean?

I was the one that suggested you delete and rebuild your fs9.cfg file, it looks like your problem goes deeper than that, I had a problem a while ago when a lot of applications started to behave very oddly and crashes happened. I did a search on Microsoft help and came up with this tool via the link below.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/929833#CBS log

Print off the instructions and follow on screen prompts.

It cured my problems and may help you, won't harm your system.

Good Luck

Mainly fly Jet2 from LBA

Until the OP does some simple test flights he will be forever fumbling around in the dark, wondering if it his media centre, or a corrupted system file, or maybe the cat bit through a power lead.

The way to deal with this kind of problem is first to establish exactly what the problem is. We are no closer to that than we were when he started this thread. i suggest everyone hold fire until he can narrow down the problem. Then we can suggest a solution.

Ok pschlute and others, Thank you for all your help. I posted earlier I could not find how to disable the media center other than using the block feature, right or wrong, I don't know. To ritroybrown, I went to the microsite you posted and followed the instructions as written, up till the time they only gave a suggestion to replace corrupted files from someone elses computer with the same OS. It was helpful up to that point and that is where I stand. My oldest and best friends son works in IT here at the city of Las Vegas and placed a call to him for help with that, waiting for him to return call. To zswobbie, thank you for your post, have not got around to that one yet. By the way there are numerous corrupted files it seems!

I have had a problem similar to this and it was caused by an AI aircraft. Everything was fine until either It left the area or I flew away from it. It would cause the sim to crash as soon as the aircraft was too far away and "forgotten". Have you tried flying without any AI traffic?

Thanks nightowl702, yesterday I did the almost same flight klax, klas, with the same airplane. Usually it closes about ten minutes after takeoff. This time I made it all the way until beginning ils approach, thought I had it, then crash. The only thing I have done is block the media center and delete and create, I think, a new cfg. Will give AI a try!2015-07-26 13:24:45, Info CSI 00000199 [sR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction

2015-07-26 13:24:45, Info CSI 0000019b [sR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"utc.app.json" of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client, Version = 6.1.7601.18869, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch

2015-07-26 13:24:45, Info CSI 0000019d [sR] Cannot repair member file [l:66{33}]"telemetry.ASM-WindowsDefault.json" of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client, Version = 6.1.7601.18869, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch

2015-07-26 13:24:46, Info CSI 0000019f [sR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"utc.app.json" of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client, Version = 6.1.7601.18869, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch

2015-07-26 13:24:46, Info CSI 000001a0 [sR] This component was referenced by [l:162{81}]"Package_250_for_KB3068708~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.3068708-814_neutral_GDR"

2015-07-26 13:24:46, Info CSI 000001a2 [sR] Cannot repair member file [l:66{33}]"telemetry.ASM-WindowsDefault.json" of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client, Version = 6.1.7601.18869, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch

2015-07-26 13:24:46, Info CSI 000001a3 [sR] This component was referenced by [l:162{81}]"Package_250_for_KB3068708~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.3068708-814_neutral_GDR"

Archived