Please help! Saitek instrument fip configuring isssue!!

Remfur143

Hello everyone,

I really need help in configuring my instrument panel.. I have installed all the drivers into the pc as per the instructions. the lights lid up, product list is shown. But i cannot get the instruments working in the fsx game. i tried to manualy ope the SAIFLIGHTSIMX . exe but it says the application is not instaalled correctly.

can anyone hep me out? PLEASE

:(

System: Wind 32 Bit

ATI RADEON HD 4350

Hello everyone,

I really need help in configuring my instrument panel.. I have installed all the drivers into the pc as per the instructions. the lights lid up, product list is shown. But i cannot get the instruments working in the fsx game. i tried to manualy ope the SAIFLIGHTSIMX . exe but it says the application is not instaalled correctly.

can anyone hep me out? PLEASE

:(

System: Wind 32 Bit

ATI RADEON HD 4350

Did you try to do a reinstall?

Did you do a complete cold boot of FSX and the computer itself?

If you did both and it doesn't work, contact madcatz. That's where the contact material which came with your purchase will send you.

Please advise as to your results! It's really bad when someone asks for help then is never herd from again. Everything that you learn others are also wanting to learn.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

thanks for the reply, i tried every single thing but i just cant get the panels working in fsx.

just need to maualy open the saiflightsim x . exe but again its giving me the same error.

i contacted madcatz but sadly, they just dont seem to reply.

thanks for the reply, i tried every single thing but i just cant get the panels working in fsx.

just need to maualy open the saiflightsim x . exe but again its giving me the same error.

i contacted madcatz but sadly, they just dont seem to reply.

Could be a Simconnect issue. Which version of FSX exactly? What have you installed so far into FSX? What version of Windows "32" bit are you running? XP/7/8/??

You probably will find more FIP users over at AVSIM. At least there are threads over there about the same problem.

What do you mean when you say you manually open the Saitek Exe? That one belongs into your EXE.XML, it will probably only work when FSX is running.

Saitek DirectOutput RadioStack

False

C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\DirectOutput\SaiFlightSimX.exe

-run

thanks a lot for the info..

and I'm running win xp 32 bit, FSX Deluxe, have FSUIPC installed.

so you mean, i should open up the exe.xml file while FSX is running? where can i find this file?

and do u want me to add all the lines you just wrote for launch addon etc?

sorry for so many questions! :/

thanks a lot for the info..

and I'm running win xp 32 bit, FSX Deluxe, have FSUIPC installed.

so you mean, i should open up the exe.xml file while FSX is running? where can i find this file?

and do u want me to add all the lines you just wrote for launch addon etc?

sorry for so many questions! :/

Oh my, XP. I hope someone can chime in here, where the exe.xml is located.

The exe.xml is a configuration text file for FSX. You will find it in the same place where the fsx.cfg and dll.xml are too. You do not edit it when FSX is running, these files are needed for FSX startup. And what the exe.xml does, is simply to tell FSX that the Saitek stuff needs to be started first.

But I think you may have another issue entirely. You did install the correct Saitek driver, right? The one for XP 32 bit? Apart from that, you want to check if Simconnect is installed and which version it is (check in the Software tab in your Windows Control Panel).

btw if you do things manually: if you start the Saitek software without FSX running, it will briefly run, then shut down. FSX always needs to be started first.

God! im so confused! just to make life easier, i completely changed the windows to windows 7 32 bit.

So now i have a fresh system reinstalled fsx, correctly instaaled drivers for instrument panels and here you go.. same thing..

If i get the exe.xml file, should i edit the paragraph what you just gave me? will the panels then work fine?

One lasttt thing please. should i seperately download the software called simconnect?

really sorry to bother you.

So you switched to Win7? This may open up a ton of new problems, most importantly the UAC 'feature' of Win, that prevents you and the software on your PC from having full access to the file system. Where did you install FSX, is it started with administrator rights?

Rule Nr1: do not change so many things at the same time if you're having PC trouble. This just leads to more problems.

Simconnect is a part of FSX, if it is installed depends on which version of FSX you have and how you installed it. "Deluxe" includes Acceleration, right (second disk and activation code)? The exe.xml should be in /users/(your_name)/appdata/roaming/microsoft/fsx. First the exe.xml has to exist, then it needs to contain the lines I posted. But all that this does, is starting the Saitek software automatically.

But first check the basics. If you start FSX, and then start the Saitek software, does the FIP work then? Does the FIP display anything at all, does it even work?

So you switched to Win7? This may open up a ton of new problems, most importantly the UAC 'feature' of Win, that prevents you and the software on your PC from having full access to the file system. Where did you install FSX, is it started with administrator rights?

Rule Nr1: do not change so many things at the same time if you're having PC trouble. This just leads to more problems.

Simconnect is a part of FSX, if it is installed depends on which version of FSX you have and how you installed it. "Deluxe" includes Acceleration, right (second disk and activation code)? The exe.xml should be in /users/(your_name)/appdata/roaming/microsoft/fsx. First the exe.xml has to exist, then it needs to contain the lines I posted. But all that this does, is starting the Saitek software automatically.

But first check the basics. If you start FSX, and then start the Saitek software, does the FIP work then? Does the FIP display anything at all, does it even work?

the fip only shows the product list all the time. this shows the drivers are correctly installed. but in fsx it doesnt. do you want me to run the exe.xml file while fsx is running ?

the fip only shows the product list all the time. this shows the drivers are correctly installed. but in fsx it doesnt. do you want me to run the exe.xml file while fsx is running ?

No!

Now you are confusing me. The exe.xml is nothing you can 'run', it is just a text file telling FSX which program to start. Did you find it, and how does it look? Please post the contents of this file here.

Remfur,

I hope I can help you. As you see the product list on the FIP, the driver is installed as you say. GOOD.

It seems you are having trouble getting the software started when you start FSX.

Try this.

1. Start FSX and let it load and sit at the opening screen. (Choose aircraft etc.)

2. Go to start Menu

3. Click on all programs

4. Scroll to Saitek Pro Flight Panels Folder

5. Click to open Saitek Folder

6. Click to open the Direct Output Folder

7. Double Click on the SaiFlightSimX.exe application.

Next do you choosing at the open screen (you know AC, weather, Start location etc.), then hit FLY NOW.

The follow is taken from IMPORTANT_FIP_Installation_Instructions.txt from the direct output folder:

Q2: I have the slide show but no panels in FSX

A1: The SaiFlightSimX plugin might not be running. You can manually run this file by browsing to C:\Program Files\Saitek\DirectOutput\ folder and double clicking the SaiFlightSimX.exe application.

Q3: I have the slide show, and SaiFlightSimX running but no panels in FSX

A3: Check your FSX exe.xml is correct. Browse to this file by going to C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ and looking for exe.xml. Open this in explorer and check that there is an entry for the plugin, this will vary slighty to your Windows bit rating:

32bit:

------

C:\Program Files\Saitek\DirectOutput\SaiFlightSimX.exe

64bit:

------

C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\DirectOutput\SaiFlightSimX.exeThis should change the xml.exe AUTOMATICALLY to start the software the next time.

Hope this is helpful. If it doesn't do the trick come back.

Joe.

really, thanks alot for your reply, but i tried exactly as you said and i got the following error when tried to start the saiflighsimx.exe "the application has failed to start because the aplication configuration is incorrect, reinstalling the application may fix the problem"

this is exactly where i am stuck. :(

Remfur, please be patient this may take a while to sort out. I will need some info so please answer the

When you installed the drivers were the FIPs unplugged from USB? (They need to Be)

if not unplug, reinstall and then plug in and retry.

Did you get the same error message?

if so then we need to find your exe.xml file (The one that tells FSX what to load when it starts up)

Go to Computer\OS (C:)\ users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and right click on exe and open the exe.xml file. You must have display hidden files checked to see this AppData folder and the rest. To do this click on the Organize Tab in the upper left of Windows explorer, go down to Folder and search options, go to the View tab and highlight the Show hidden files radio button.

It is best to open the exe.xml in Notepad ++ to edit it. But look to see if theses lines are included in the exe file:

False

C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\DirectOutput\SaiFlightSimX.exe

-run

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to put the xml snippet in a code box.

If you installed the drivers normally the Path on your machine should be the same (the X86 is 64bit windows) if you have only 32 just delete the X86. If you put the drivers in a non-standard place, replace the path with the correct one that is specific to your machine.

If those lines are not there copy and insert them. Save the file and retry starting FSX and see if it works.

Joe

really, thanks alot for your reply, but i tried exactly as you said and i got the following error when tried to start the saiflighsimx.exe "the application has failed to start because the aplication configuration is incorrect, reinstalling the application may fix the problem"

this is exactly where i am stuck. :(

This message means that you don't have the correct Visual C++ runtime installed and/or are missing DLLs.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/948854

I'm still suspecting a Simconnect issue. But I don't know the contents of deluxe and only you can look into your control panel if you have it installed...

About the exe.xml: if this file is missing (normal for a fresh install of FSX - it would be empty anyway) then some more lines of text are needed than just the addon launch. But that it doesn't exist after you installed the Saitek stuff is a clear indication that something goes wrong with your Saitek install, even more so that the same thing happened on your old XP. I have to ask again: did you install the correct driver version and software for your system - and did you install all of it?

But even if you had an exe.xml it doesn't matter, as the Saitek program does not want to run. At least that is what I understood from your post, that you followed the description above from 1-7, right?

Here is the complete exe.xml (you can write it with notepad, no need for a special editor) - make sure the tag is correct for your system.

Launch

EXE.xml

False

False

False

False

C:\Program Files\Saitek\DirectOutput\SaiFlightSimX.exe

-run

hi joe , many thanks. i installed the drivers perfectly, theres no problem in it. i can see the product list flash on the screen which indicated that the drivers are installed correctly.

problem is i cannot find the exe.xml file in the fsx folder. once i find it. only then i can see if the lines are in the file or not.

hi joe , many thanks. i installed the drivers perfectly, theres no problem in it. i can see the product list flash on the screen which indicated that the drivers are installed correctly.

problem is i cannot find the exe.xml file in the fsx folder. once i find it. only then i can see if the lines are in the file or not.

That is a) because it is not in the FSX main folder anyway and b) because you probably don't have one yet.

First re-read the posts above, there is a description where this file is, if it exists (Users/your_name/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX)

If it isn't there, make a new one in this place with notepad and paste the lines I wrote above into it. Make sure the path to SaiFlightSimX.exe is the correct one you installed it in.

Second: you can test the panels without EXE.XML. Just start up FSX, wait until the main screen appears. Go to Free Flight. Then manually start/double click the SaiFlightSimX.exe. Then click "Fly now" in FSX. If nothing happens on the FIP then it is not a problem with exe.xml (which - I repeat- does not do anything, it just tells FSX that you want the SaiFlightSimX.exe started automatically. And if the SaiFlightSimX.exe thing does not work, the exe.xml won't change that!).

Btw. AFAIK the product list is the default screen - this does not mean that everything is installed correctly, only that the unit has power. You have to make sure that the panels are not connected to your system when you install the driver for the first time.

Archived