Just wondering what went wrong with installed add-on aircraft

wmkj

Hi guys,

Good day to all of you. Sorry if the issue that I am about to bring has been discussed. If so kindly redirect me to the post.

1- Recently I installed (to my FSX SP2) a complete aircraft of AirAsia A320. However the aircraft didn't at all appear in the

FSX thumbnail list. The installation was made as instructed. Prior to that I did also installed Air France A320 & it worked

fine. Any advise?

2- I did also installed a complete airliner aircraft of Posky B777-200 series. Was found that some of the switches in VC mode

didn't work i.e Knobs for Altitude, Heading etc. Or was it meant to be that way? And the VC flickers. However the

aircraft is flyable.

Appreciate in advance for any of your input. Cheers ;)

Hi guys,

Good day to all of you. Sorry if the issue that I am about to bring has been discussed. If so kindly redirect me to the post.

1- Recently I installed (to my FSX SP2) a complete aircraft of AirAsia A320. However the aircraft didn't at all appear in the

FSX thumbnail list. The installation was made as instructed. Prior to that I did also installed Air France A320 & it worked

fine. Any advise?

2- I did also installed a complete airliner aircraft of Posky B777-200 series. Was found that some of the switches in VC mode

didn't work i.e Knobs for Altitude, Heading etc. Or was it meant to be that way? And the VC flickers. However the

aircraft is flyable.

Appreciate in advance for any of your input. Cheers ;)

1) Does the plane appear at all in game? It may be missing a photo for the thumbnail. Also, ensure "show all variations" is checked in the game.

2) A lot of Posky a/c have the eyepoint set too far back. Try this: In virtual cockpit view, move the eyepoint closer by tapping the ctrl + backspace buttons on your keyboard.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Hi Kingnorris,

Really appreciate your response

1) Does the plane appear at all in game? It may be missing a photo for the thumbnail. Also, ensure "show all variations" is checked in the game.

The plane did not appear at all & I have checked the "show all variations" box. The installation was really staright forward i.e. just copy to the respective folder as instructed & was very sure this model was for FSX. I had reinstalled it but to no avail.

2) A lot of Posky a/c have the eyepoint set too far back. Try this: In virtual cockpit view, move the eyepoint closer by tapping the ctrl + backspace buttons on your keyboard.

Thanks & I have sorted the VC view. However was still unable to operate few of the panel switches as mentioned before (in VC mode).

Again thanks for dropping a note. :)

When asking for help with an aircraft or scenery download that you can't make work, it's always a good idea to give the file name of the download (if it's from the File Library) or a link to it if it's from another site.

A possible reason for it not showing is the panel might be aliasing an aircraft you may not have in your Sim. A possibility of downloading a 737 that aliases the 737-400 panel.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

When asking for help with an aircraft or scenery download that you can't make work, it's always a good idea to give the file name of the download (if it's from the File Library) or a link to it if it's from another site.

A possible reason for it not showing is the panel might be aliasing an aircraft you may not have in your Sim. A possibility of downloading a 737 that aliases the 737-400 panel.

Agreed with Zip. Provide a link to the download so we can see what's up.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

There is no VC in either sim. There IS a thumbnail in texture, and it 'shows' in FSX.

But, this is a 'non-standard' (for lack of a better word) method of installing the same files and same folders to both FS9 and FSX.

You install to FS9 and FS9 will only 'see' the (sim.0) info. The alias work (737-400 ). You will only have one 'paint' loading, not two.

You install to FSX and FSX will only 'see' the (sim.1) info. The alias work (A321). You will only have one 'paint' loading, not two.

I have both FS9 and FSX Accel and loaded this model in both with NO problems or any changes to anything. It DID blow my mind, though (hehe).

In FS9 you install to/under 'Aircraft' folder. In FSX you install to/under 'Sim Objects \Airplanes' folder. So if you don't see it in FSX it is due to you installing files/folders into the wrong folder (ie: it has to be installed to/under 'Airplanes' folder. That's it.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I agree with napamule2 about the way this developer did the download for this aircraft. Just plunking the folder AirAsia QPR A320-216 9M-AFV into my airplanes folder it does show the FSX aircraft with no problem.

airasia.JPG

In FS9 you install to/under 'Aircraft' folder. In FSX you install to/under 'Sim Objects \Airplanes' folder. So if you don't see it in FSX it is due to you installing files/folders into the wrong folder (ie: it has to be installed to/under 'Airplanes' folder. That's it.

Chuck B

Thanks napamule2. That was what I did exactly to my FSX 'Airplanes' folder. Guess I have to redo the installation. That made me wonder. And....

Thanks mrzippy. It also blow my mind when I looked at your screenshot :cool:

Appreciate you guys help.

Checked the file. There's no installation readme either, so I have no idea. I see it's a TDS model, and I have my personal (negative) opinions about them. Sorry I can't help.

Checked the file. There's no installation readme either, so I have no idea. I see it's a TDS model, and I have my personal (negative) opinions about them. Sorry I can't help.

Its okay kingnorris. Am still working on it. Appreciate your time :)

That 787 aircraft is using a 777 cockpit. Download and install completely this file from the File Library. pt_b777-300er_fsx.zip

This is a complete 777 aircraft and it has an auto installer that will put all of the necessary files that come with it in the right places. If you don't want the 777 aircraft, you can always delete the aircraft folder later. There is a couple of gauge files that are necessary to show all other 777 panels in this download.

777 panel.JPG

That 787 aircraft is using a 777 cockpit. Download and install completely this file from the File Library. pt_b777-300er_fsx.zip

This is a complete 777 aircraft and it has an auto installer that will put all of the necessary files that come with it in the right places. If you don't want the 777 aircraft, you can always delete the aircraft folder later. There is a couple of gauge files that are necessary to show all other 777 panels in this download.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]181340[/ATTACH]

Hi mrzippy,

Thanks for the input. Will try to install. :D

Archived