Any fix to stop ATC from telling AI GA traffic to 'expedite' climb/descent?

AlconburyBlues

Anyone know of a fix for this? It does not seem to matter whether you stay with the default AI, install manual AI addons (like WOAI), or use 3rd party AI (like MyTraffic or UT2).

As soon as one GA aircraft enters the airspace you are in, and they are in a climb or descent, the ATC will not stop telling them to 'expedite'. Very annoying. It's almost as if ATC insists they climb or descend as fast as an airliner. Dumb AI ATC.

Note: I had one silly person in the Shoutbox actually tell me to use the Clear Weather theme as a solution to fix a traffic problem! LOL Besides, even if it was somehow related, why would one sacrifice their weather setup to fix a small ATC annoyance? That's not a solution anyway, it's a workaround.

Anyway, if anyone does know of one. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

LOL I was that person on Shoutbox, LOL and I even explained why it happens, LOL. AI planes CANNOT adjust their barameters when the barometric pressure changes off of 29.92, LOL.

Another solution would be to use a 3rd party ATC program, LOL, but that is just another workaround and not a solution, LOL.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the late reply. Not sure why you are going LOL LOL LOL.

I believe you are trying to explain to me what transition altitude is. Now, saying that, what does the transition altitude or the barometer have anything to do with what I am talking about?

Here is an example that clearly shows weather, barometer, pressure changes and/or transition altitude have nothing to do with this bug.

A Cessna 172 leaving KTPA (Tampa, large airport) is cleared to 5000ft after takeoff. And while this is happening I am watching the AI plane that ATC is talking to. I can clearly see them (using an AI aircraft monitoring tool) start climbing right away. And it climbs at the default climb rate of 700fpm. ATC apparently wants them to climb at 1500fpm or so. This seems to only occur when GA aircraft depart or approach large airports. This DOES NOT happen if the same Cessna is taking off out of KSRQ (Sarasota-Bradenton, small airport).

In that example, where does weather, barometer setting, or pressure change, have anything to do with getting up to initial altitude?

I have done my research. This bug only occurs with aircraft that cannot climb or decend at a rate greater than 1000fpm.

I tried your Clear Weather "solution" which was silly of course, as it had no effect.

Also, I was using Ultimate Traffic 2 at the time. But I uninstalled it and the problem seems to have lessened a bit. It was putting an awful lot of GA aircraft at large airports. (Although the problem is not resolved it does happen a lot less over the course of long flights.)

For the record, the definition of a "workaround" is when you mess with something else that is not normally related to the problem. When you told me to use Clear Weather to solve an ATC problem, that is a workaround. An explanation as to how that would relate or how that would work would have been nice. An ATC "solution" would have been if you told me how to tweak ATC settings.

Please do not be insulting and demeaning to others asking for help. Saying LOL every 3-4 words (like a teenager) is not nice. Let's be mature here please. Or, don't say anything at all.

Thanks.

I don't have an answer for you, but what I get a chuckle out of, is FSX ATC telling an ultralight to climb and maintain 18,000 feet.....

Sometimes, you just have to laugh, Warthog. Don't worry too much about the little flaws you find in the sim. It's a sim, not reality, so there will be flaws, annoyances, what have you. But what it does overall, is done well. That is, simulation of flight. I've never been a pilot, never even sat in a cockpit. But with FSX, I can.

Just enjoy it for what it is. If it's still not good enough for you to enjoy, then perhaps another hobby might be in your future..

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Sorry for the late reply. Not sure why you are going LOL LOL LOL.

I believe you are trying to explain to me what transition altitude is. Now, saying that, what does the transition altitude or the barometer have anything to do with what I am talking about?

Here is an example that clearly shows weather, barometer, pressure changes and/or transition altitude have nothing to do with this bug.

A Cessna 172 leaving KTPA (Tampa, large airport) is cleared to 5000ft after takeoff. And while this is happening I am watching the AI plane that ATC is talking to. I can clearly see them (using an AI aircraft monitoring tool) start climbing right away. And it climbs at the default climb rate of 700fpm. ATC apparently wants them to climb at 1500fpm or so. This seems to only occur when GA aircraft depart or approach large airports. This DOES NOT happen if the same Cessna is taking off out of KSRQ (Sarasota-Bradenton, small airport).

In that example, where does weather, barometer setting, or pressure change, have anything to do with getting up to initial altitude?

I have done my research. This bug only occurs with aircraft that cannot climb or decend at a rate greater than 1000fpm.

I tried your Clear Weather "solution" which was silly of course, as it had no effect.

Also, I was using Ultimate Traffic 2 at the time. But I uninstalled it and the problem seems to have lessened a bit. It was putting an awful lot of GA aircraft at large airports. (Although the problem is not resolved it does happen a lot less over the course of long flights.)

For the record, the definition of a "workaround" is when you mess with something else that is not normally related to the problem. When you told me to use Clear Weather to solve an ATC problem, that is a workaround. An explanation as to how that would relate or how that would work would have been nice. An ATC "solution" would have been if you told me how to tweak ATC settings.

Please do not be insulting and demeaning to others asking for help. Saying LOL every 3-4 words (like a teenager) is not nice. Let's be mature here please. Or, don't say anything at all.

Thanks.

You take 4 months to respond and can only throw insults while claiming to have 'done your research'?

Then why are you not here telling us what the silly solution is?

I'm now disinclined to assist you in any of your silly questions. You should understand that just because YOU are new to the party, there are many of us who actually have been around since this product was released, and there isn't a single silly question being asked here that hasn't already been answered before.

So what is silly is to persist in asking when in the time available you could have simply searched.

Silly billy. LOL

Archived