Themida and P3D

degeus

Hello,

It appears that some add-on developers are using Thermida in their application. This causes P3D to crash many times.

somehow I have such an add-on but I cannot find in which one.

My question is: Who knows what applications are using Thermida or how can I find who uses it?

According to P3D-people the only solution is to remove that application from the add-ons.

Also if some of the developers using Thermida are willing to remove that function from their proghram.

I would like to have a solution as this situation is very ennoying.

regards,

Piet de Geus

He stated on the P3D forum that he is getting an error message that there is monitoring software running and the Themida protected app closes and THEN P3D shuts down. If that's true, his AV has nothing to do with it.

Degeus -

I don't know of anywhere that LISTS the applications protected by Themida. As I said in the other forum - I know that GEX uses it so perhaps other Flight1 products do also.

I asked you before and you never answered -

WHAT MONITORING SOFTWARE ARE YOU USING?

Whatever product that is using Themida - I can guarantee that the developer will NOT disable it. YOU need to disable the monitoring software OR remove the product.

There is NO other option.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Thermida or Themida? I have no clue what either one may be. Is this something new and what is it exactly??? Of course I haven't added anything to P3D since installing the new update. Have been waiting on updates from more developers to get caught up :)

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

Hi Joe -

Themida is a copy protection wrapper that is used by some developers to stop hackers. It does this by encrypting the code and also by checking of any memory resident programs that monitor key strokes, memory, etc are running. If they are, it displays an error message and aborts. It is NOT used by P3D but if any add-on loaded by P3D used it, there would be the possibility of an error.

It is possible that a strong AV setting might trigger the response but unless the OP does more than keep asking the same question in different forums with out giving an answer, we may never know.

The problem with Themida is that it is really hard core. There are times when debugging a problem that I might want to run process explorer in the background - that would generate an error thus preventing me from debugging the issue. Of course, I could disable the add-on so it doesn't load or check but you get the idea.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Sorry but Themida is not included in Prepar3d. Therefore any error message that is being caused is a false positive and can only come from security files installed for the purpose of registering, and monitoring real-time applications.

Themida as a copy protection tool can appear exactly like a virus or trojan , so it IS his anti-virus that is triggering this - or else ALL users with the software installed would get the same warning and error if they use the same OS as the OP.

Of course, what is also apparent is that our OP is giving us the most ridiculously scant information to enable an effective troubleshoot of the problem, so without a list of OS, all addons installed and every piece of information that we would expect to be put before us, we cannot help further.

Besides, he had the correct advice in the P3D forum. If he can't or won't take it, then what does he expect us to do? Magic?

"Pass me your wand Potter, I gotta make this pig fly.":pilot:

It is true that Flight1 uses Themidia in their "wrapper" process. However, it is only invoked while running the wrapper executable to "unwrap" the actual product's installer.

Once the product is installed, Themidia ceases to be an issue any longer as it is not ever loaded again.

I'm not aware of any add-on product that uses Themidia while either FSX or P3D is running.

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Good reading. I learn something new every time I come to this site. Thanks for enlightening and "older" fogy :)

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

Our OP got his answer over at the P3D forum, I see.

As expected, P3D was NOT the cause - it was a non-sim related background process that was, obviously, triggering the anti-virus or security software when P3D was loaded concurrently. Another good reason for taking responsibility for what does and does not sit open in your Task Manager.

In his case it was Acronis, Unchecky and IOBit. The first two are known a/v triggers.

Archived