Having a blast

snoman909

The real Angels most probably have certain KIAS/AOA restrictions per altitude, to try and prevent departures too close to the ground. That way they have a decent "cushion" if something happens. Loss of an engine, sudden gust from behind, the list is endless.

Pat☺

I'm sure that's true. But I was more interested in whether the plane itself was actually

capable of flying that slow in the real world.

Also, the switch to auto flaps in the BA plane, vs the manual flaps in the Sludge plane

could also make quite a difference. I always did high alpha flight in the sludge jet using

no flaps. Always clean.. Where with the BA plane using auto flaps, I'm assuming my

high alpha passes in that plane are using flaps. That could explain why the Sludge jet

actually seems to have a slightly higher min speed. It does not really seem much slower

than the BA plane. Or at least that I can tell. But I do know it's a lot different than the

default FSX flight model, which I never was that crazy about. I still haven't tried the

other plane yet, as it's a 7z file, and I still haven't installed a 7z program on this new

puter yet.. Need to do that.

ScreenHunter_740 Jul. 01 11.21.jpg

As usual, I had made a mistake. As you can see, the FSX BA v15.2 does have the LEX vapor, but the NH doesn't. I apologize. I believe I can add the LEX vapor back into the bird if you so desire.

ScreenHunter_746 Jul. 01 11.43.jpg

Yes, the autoflaps system WILL make a difference as to speed, AOA, power used, etc etc. It IS, however, a system in use IAW the NATOPS. I can look and see if a switch will disable it, if you like. It never came up when I was flying, as I haven't started practicing Emergency Procedures as of yet.

Does this answer you concerns? Please feel free to ask anything. Only dumb question, etc etc. :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I still have a good couple of issues with my FSX which have been ongoing since I bought a new computer back in January. I wish I could fix them, but I figure I'm pretty much going to have to learn to cope until either someone releases a new sim, or I buy yet another PC in a couple of years.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

Ive been flying the $#% out of it, now going to read the manual and learn how to really fly it per instrumentation. Ive just been joy riding up till now, again im loving FSX at this time. I dont know how my system compares with others to be honest, fotr me this system is the fastest ive ever had, but the parts are several years old, Im using win 7 64 bit with a AMD 8 core "fx-8150", a msi r6770 DDR5 1 gig ram,asus mbo M4A89 GDT, my HD are sata but mechanical no ssd, im clocking on all cores at around 4200. I have read on here AMD is a no no and to only use nvidia geforce cards but as of now Im having very smooth sim results with NO lockups or slide show results.

Well, Mr. Snowman, I'm glad you like it so much. That means a lot. Maybe you could go to the FSDT forum and send a thank you to Jimi, Orion, Peter, and all the rest. THEY are the ones really responsible.

I'm glad you have a Sierra Hotel system to run it on too. Always makes it a better joy to fly a good plane on a good system!

Read up on the instrumentation, fly it to the very edge of the envelope. And beyond, as the movie goes!

For more enjoyment, grab copy of AICarriers.NET, and vLSO. Fair warning, though. The LSO's are heartless!!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

rofl i take it when you say sierra hotel you are talking about the heat hahaha, yes it is a issue..I think its time to go water cooled to be honest ty for the tips on what to read up on, i just took a break in fact from reading up on it, I had done this before but its was way back in A + P school lol ...btw have you heard of the flight sim 15 by Microsoft or did I just hear a rumor?

You might take a glance at cold-plate technology too.It's what pre-cools AIM-9 Sidewinders, I believe. Must be pretty effective!

btw have you heard of the flight sim 15 by Microsoft

Nope, not a clue :)

Have great flights!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

must admit I have no clue what this topic is about, presumedly a plane??

Nah Man, it's not a plane! It's a way of life. We just throw in planes, scenery, hardware, points of view, etall., to support the main thing. Enjoyment!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Nah Man, it's not a plane! It's a way of life. We just throw in planes, scenery, hardware, points of view, detall., to support the main thing. Enjoyment!

LOL! Boy, how right you are!

This particular thread is about the F/A-18C in FSX, and several slightly different but vastly improved versions there-of, provided by the Flight Sim Dream Team's FSX Blue Angels. A Multiplayer flight demostration team utilizing a modified version of the F/A-18C included in FSX Acceleration and FSX-SE, and modeled on the US Navy's Blue Angels Demo Team.

Does this answer your question?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived