WOAI Has Stopped Working! I Suspect Alien Fairies have Stolen the Planes!

HoggyDog

Those are the default Airbuses (Airbii?) so I doubt they would fill up ATL.

That graph shows percentage of all parking spots at ATL that are filled, so 40% of 240 available spots would be about 100 planes.

Did you try testing without the default traffic files active as per Jim Vile's post?

Do you have the SDK installed so you can look at the Traffic Toolbox Explorer?

If so, compare what TTE says you have at ATL with what you see in the sim.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those are the default Airbuses (Airbii?) so I doubt they would fill up ATL.

How did you know that?? *incredulous gasp*

I JUST NOW finished a one-hour process of finding out which file was calling for those missing Airbii :p and indeed, it was/is the default traffic file.

FSX-AIFP-MissingAircraftFiles.jpg

That graph shows percentage of all parking spots at ATL that are filled, so 40% of 240 available spots would be about 100 planes.

HAH! So my SWAG was right! I've said all along that I should be seeing ~100 airplanes there! I had misread the output, thinking that "40" was a count, not a percentage. :o

Did you try testing without the default traffic files active as per Jim Vile's post?

Yep. Here's the top down view of the ramp area- I count 26 airliners including the one taxiing. there might be 1 or 2 more at the Cargo area which is not included in this shot.

FSX-KATL_Gates.jpg

Do you have the SDK installed so you can look at the Traffic Toolbox Explorer? If so, compare what TTE says you have at ATL with what you see in the sim.

I've gone to considerable pains to install the SDK, given that the Steam edition doesn't ship with all the needed pieces. However, I've never actually DONE anything with it. :o But I'll go try to find TTE and use it. What's the worst damage I could do, right? :eek:

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Hi, did you check if one of the WOAI traffic files is defective? I would rename all the traffic bgl files to .off and reanimate them one at a time. Check that traffic for this file is visible - and so on. And snoop around a little in your addon sceneries if they installed traffic too - they sometimes do this and it might not be compatible (aircraft carriers come to mind).

Btw the TrafficToolbox should already be there in your DLL.XML, but inactive. Just switch it on and you should get an additional menu in the Sim called "Tools". The traffic explorer does only that - explore. No chance to damage anything.

I ran the SDK traffic data generator, corrected the erroneous relative path in dll.xml to try to turn on TTE, but didn't see any Tools menu in FSX. However, since I was there anyway, I decided to go on back to my AAL B738 parked at KATL and just do something fun, like actually FLY in my FLIGHT simulator instead of spending the rest of my life gnashing my teeth at the lack of WoAI traffic.

Imagine my surprise, then, when THIS HAPPENED! :D :D

The worst part is, I have no idea what made it happen, but I'm not inclined to waste too much time trying to find out. Thanks to all for the help. :pilot:

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Never look a gift AI in the intake. They tend to suck a bit. :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

How did you know that?? *incredulous gasp*

The Bean knows all, tells all!

Really, he does. It's astounding to me...

Glad you got it fixed!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived