URGENT ASAP!! Fs/Computer won't allow me to fly in Full Screen

AidenMillar

I fogot one step. First, right click on desktop (anywhere) and click 'Properties', then go into 'Settings' tab and make sure your monitor res is set to it 'NATIVE' (ie: max) resolution. Google for what it should be if you don't have the manual handy. Even if you search for it (Make/Model) at Amazon you can find out what it is.

Then while in FS9, go to 'Options/Settings/Display' and click 'Hardware' tab and set your res to the monitor's 'NATIVE' resolution (same as dektop, in other words). Then 'your monitor should be the same res as in FS9. As you can see in pic, mine are '1280 x 1024' and 32 bit.

Then, after you back up your FS9.cfg, of course, restart FS9. Try the 'Alt+Enter' (hopefully you are in windowed mode with the sound but not exited or black screen). Now drag the sides of the window to almost fill the screen. Then hit 'Alt+Enter' to go back to 'Windowed Mode'. You will find the '188,94, 836,628' numbers will have changed after you resized the window. The 836,628 will be 'close' to your res (now the same in Windows (ie: monitor) and in FS9. The location should be '4,4' and not '4,0'. OK? OK! Good luck. FIRE IT IN.

Chuck B

Napamule

Windows_Desktop Res.jpg

FS9_Display_Res.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Hello,

The Hardware Section in the Settings on FS9 is all grayed out, and will not me select anything! What could be the problem to this?

Sincerely,

The Captain

Is it showing the correct info for your Graphics card in Device Name. Does your FS9.cfg show your Graphics card anywhere?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

By now, I am starting to suspect that he is using ON BOARD video and not a video card, so no 'adjustments' are possible.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived