Three inches of water!

SAM Hunter

That's it! Three inches of water, all throughout the lower level of the house in the Simulator room, ruined my desk, rudder pedals, cables, modem, every piece of furniture on the lower level and the kitchen. Now family having to live with other members while house is deconstructed then reconstructed. Thank God the CPU's where sitting on upper shelve.

This has mucked up my world!

All I say is this; Get Flood Insurance!, no matter where you live. Home owners not covering this, it's on us...

I've got several other uploads to put on the site before anything else happens...

Texas! you gotta love it?

David :mad: ...

"Remember, All you have to do is ask."

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/10/25/windows10signaturecopy.jpghttp://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

Sorry to hear, David! I was thinking about you and anyone else down there in the Lone Star State with all of the flooding going on. I hear you on having flood Ins. Luckily I sit on solid bedrock because I gave up earthquake coverage a few years ago! Good luck with everything!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi David,

Very, very sorry to hear this. I can't do much but perhaps offer this suggestion. Water doesn't usually ruin electronic equipment (if it's not turned on!). A rinsing with fresh water and then making sure all the water is gone is usually enough to prevent any problems. Of course, dis-assembly is often needed. Rather ironically, equipment not built to the highest military/industrial standards often survives best. Well sealed components just don't dry out. Good luck and my best wishes are for you.

Jim F.

Very sorry to hear about your misfortune, David.

Just to add a testimonial to what Jim said- I have personally dried out a Motorola trunk-mounted VHF transceiver after my car got hosed (literally) while responding to a house fire when I was a volunteer firefighter.

Turned it upside-down and sideways ("every which-a-way" :D ) while shaking it vigorously, then 6 hours in a regular kitchen oven set on "Warm" and it was good as new. It worked fine after re-installation and didn't even require retuning. What you need is an oven temp of 120-150 degrees (Fahrenheit) or so. Much higher and you risk frying stuff that shouldn't be fried.

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Sorry to hear about your flooding dramas David.

Yep always good to try and be fully insured if possible. On that I haven't be able to get house or contents insurance since the devastating 2010/11 earthquakes that destroyed much of Christchurch, and probably wont until the insurance companies get less gun shy about insuring here.

Anyhow, I wouldn't right off your electronics just yet as they can be saved sometimes if you remove the excess water and slowly dry them out.

AMD 9590 5Ghz, Asus 990X Sabertooth, Asus 285 Strix, 8Gb Ram x2 RipJaws, Corsair Hydro H100, Corsair CM750M, 2TB Short Stroked HDD, Samsung 120Gb SSD for OS, x3 ViewSonic VX2370 LED Frameless Monitors. x1 Semi Understanding Partner.

Hi David;

Sorry to hear about the flood- Do you live in Dallas? My sister in law lives there and my in-laws are from San Antonio...Anyhow, I have a Saitek yoke and rudder pedals that I don't use any longer- You are welcome to them if you want something to use in the meantime. I think I also have a cable modem in storage as well. If you can use any of those items shoot me an email at vegasjon777@gmail.com and I can ship them off to ya.

Jon

Las Vegas, NV

That's it! Three inches of water, all throughout the lower level of the house in the Simulator room, ruined my desk, rudder pedals, cables, modem, every piece of furniture on the lower level and the kitchen. Now family having to live with other members while house is deconstructed then reconstructed. Thank God the CPU's where sitting on upper shelve.

This has mucked up my world!

All I say is this; Get Flood Insurance!, no matter where you live. Home owners not covering this, it's on us...

I've got several other uploads to put on the site before anything else happens...

Texas! you gotta love it?

David :mad: ...

Archived