Windows 10 Question.

GFD150

OH THE IRONY!! This FS2004 forum has people, apparently still using FS2004, calling others out for not being among the first to try Windows 10! :confused:
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

No offence but it's the age of P3D, can someone tell me why would you still use FS2004? :|. I mean, something that's over 10 years old... That's too old right? Considering the fact, FSX and P3D are way better in graphics, specially P3D and you don't need a NASA computer to run them, a medium to decent computer can run FSX and P3D, so why still FS9? :/

No offence but it's the age of P3D, can someone tell me why would you still use FS2004? :|.

Because I happen to like it. There are lots of addons that fit my preferred era for flying and I just cant be bothered to try and convert them to FSX or P3D. Default external camera views in FSX are junk as well.

No offence but it's the age of P3D, can someone tell me why would you still use FS2004? :|. I mean, something that's over 10 years old... That's too old right? Considering the fact, FSX and P3D are way better in graphics, specially P3D and you don't need a NASA computer to run them, a medium to decent computer can run FSX and P3D, so why still FS9? :/

Oh, please give it up on Trashing FS2004. I have FSX on this brand new PC and it totally sucks compared to FS9. Frame rate bouncing between 18 and 29, stuttering .. no thanks.

I have my PC locked at 42 frames and it holds it right there over all terrain and in a MASSIVE airport with 100 percent AI traffic (mytraffic 2004 which is free). Active sky 6.5 and full cloud cover MAXED out. Something called ORBX for FS9 (4.5 gig) for the ground textures, lakes and oceans and along with Zinertek airport upgrade.

At 2500 feet and above looks and runs better than FSX and P3D.

You want better Airports for FS2004 then you have to come here at get them and install them yourself but they are here free. FSX as a lot more default but YOU don't have Yellow Stone and old faithful, you don't have Yosemite National Park with waterfalls, you don't have MILLAU VIADUCT the highest and longest bridge in the world. Just some example of what you have to give up if you want FSX or P3D, I know because I fly with guys using P3D and I have FSX.

I'm done braggin' now.

BTW why are you putting up with TRYING to running FSX or even worse P3D?

I did a major update to FSX-SE for a wopping $5.00 back in January. Why? It was $5.00, and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. That's about the extent of my budget for flightsimming. $5.00 in 10 years. Older model Dell Inspiron 1750 laptop, the Vista it came with, upgraded (is that the right word?) from a Dell P2-400, which I won't worry about updating to Win10, OH! I did get a new joystick a few years ago.

Not all of us can keep up, money wise, with all the latest tech, and software. Some are on a very fixed budget, no more overtime on disability! What I get and what I have to spend to live decently (not in a box down by the river!), and to buy my meds, are just about equal. I'm not seeing a lot of wiggle room for new PC's, P3D, massive home cockpits or anything else. So I use what I have, and enjoy it a great deal. Sure beats Doom, and Castle Wolf on a 286-12 with a numeric co-processer, and a 10 meg Hard Drive, I'll tell ya that!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I mean, something that's over 10 years old... That's too old right?/

Considering that fact that I'm 66 years old ...... something 10 years old looks mighty young to me!

..... now where did I put my floppies ..... uh oh, I'M now the floppy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

uh oh, I'M now the floppy!

That's what your little blue pills are for. If you can remember where you put them, of course... :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Some people just don't get it..(I wonder why..).

'ColR1948': Quote: ''How come your in here reading the FS2004 topics then seeing as you have moved on?''

I second that emotion. GET OUT. Leave us (broke pokes) alone. We don't NEED P3D!!

'PantomTweak': Quote:''..Some are on a very fixed budget..''

I am one of those. No money, no funny. But I ENJOY what I got (FS9 and FSX Accel). What's a P3D? Is it a turbo prop? Or is it a new CPU? (haha).

''Sure beats ...'X'... on a 286-12 with a numeric co-processer, and a 10 meg Hard Drive..''

Saw a 40 mb hard drive in one of my 'junk' boxes and actually had a good laugh. Being there - done that. And how about DOS and IRQ assignments, etc?

I'm off to see the Wizard.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Some people just don't get it..(I wonder why..).

'ColR1948': Quote: ''How come your in here reading the FS2004 topics then seeing as you have moved on?''

I second that emotion. GET OUT. Leave us (broke pokes) alone. We don't NEED P3D!!

'PantomTweak': Quote:''..Some are on a very fixed budget..''

I am one of those. No money, no funny. But I ENJOY what I got (FS9 and FSX Accel). What's a P3D? Is it a turbo prop? Or is it a new CPU? (haha).

''Sure beats ...'X'... on a 286-12 with a numeric co-processer, and a 10 meg Hard Drive..''

Saw a 40 mb hard drive in one of my 'junk' boxes and actually had a good laugh. Being there - done that. And how about DOS and IRQ assignments, etc?

I'm off to see the Wizard.

Chuck B

Napamule

What-a-You-Know ....... NAPA Know How!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

gwillmot,

There you go again. Getting personal and making insults. You need to go take a flying leap at a rolling doughnut. Stupid.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

gwillmot,

There you go again. Getting personal and making insults. You need to go take a flying leap at a rolling doughnut. Stupid.

Chuck B

Napamule

Again with the insult, Chuck?

Another example of do as I say, not as I do.

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Thinking of upgrading to window's 10 from window's 8. Any idea how FS2004 will run in window's 10? Any know trouble?

I did some testing with a preview copy of Windows 10. From what I could tell, Windows 10 feels like an updated version of 8.1. While I didn't test every piece of my software, from what titles I installed into Windows 10, I was able to conclude that pretty much any software compatible with Windows 8.1 will work in Windows 10. A strange exception seems to be P3DV1.4. My friend's version would not install into Windows 10 even with a compatibility mode. That being said, his main system runs Windows 7 X64, so I am not sure if P3DV1.4 has compatibility issues with 8.1. When the release version of 10 comes out, I will upgrade my backup system from 8.1 to the free version of 10 professional and report compatibility with FS9.1 along with a full folder of addon scenery and aircraft.

gwillmot,

Chuck B

Napamule

Actualy, your response was to a COMPLIMENT to you (Napa Know How) as I agree with all of your previous statements.

Methinks you protest too much!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well you don't get it do you? You don't have a 'grasp' of correct English, or the accepted meaning of words as written down. A lot of your posts are vague, nebulous, and rampant with more pun than substance. It's like the forums is your 'space' to write gibberish. No one can understand what the heck you are saying. And no one will point that out because they just feel sorry for you. You don't even know how to compliment (yeah right-cover the insult and lack of respect up with words (ie: with your mouth)). This used to be a 'business like' forum. Not anymore. Too bad-so sad.

Chuck B

Napamule

Archived