Problem with Manfred Jan C-47 v.2 repaints

Hey,

I just got 3 repaints for the Manfred Jan C-47, and it keeps saying failed to start up flight model on each one every time I go to select it, can anybody help me?

Here is a link to the repaints, hope that helps.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php look for Bluebonnet Belle

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=show&sort=N&beforeafter=1&desc=1&ents=1&keys=1&literal=1&search=C-47+v.2&childcats=1&page=3 look for Douglas C-47 Skytrain USAF Tired War

The last one was an R4D repaint called ready 4 duty, and its on Sim-Outhouse but I can't find it.

System specs: AMD FTX 6300 six core processor 3.5 GHz, Video card Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB on board,

Windows 8.1 64 bit and 1 TB on hard drive.

From looking at these downloads the are for the MJ C-47 but not the version 2 aircraft. Even if you make corrections to the sim= and to model= you will have a plane with black textures.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Changed the Sim= and Model= lines and now all of them show up. Thanks Mr.Zippy and Wim! :cool::cool:

I now curious. I know the thumbnail will show up in the "Select Aircraft" Page, but how does it show when you start a flight with it? That's the $64,000 question.

Yes it does, I have one last question, when I go to fly with these beautiful paint jobs, no sound comes out, but the default paint has sound. Can you help me with that?

System specs: AMD FTX 6300 six core processor 3.5 GHz, Video card Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB on board,

Yes it does, I have one last question, when I go to fly with these beautiful paint jobs, no sound comes out, but the default paint has sound. Can you help me with that?

Something tells me you aren't using the C-47 Version 2 as your base aircraft.....oh, well, I would think you have a folder called sound in the aircraft file. Notice that the downloaded [Fltsim.xx] you put in for each repaint says sound=tw. you may have to delete the tw or change the tw to whatever your sound folder is called.

Perhaps a pic is worth a 1,000 words. Compared side by side the cfg and the textures. NOTICE the 'propdsk.dds' in original textures and the 'propdisk1.dds' in the paints. You are we VERY welcome.

Napamule

C47 V2_Repaint cfg.jpg

C47 V2_Repaint textures.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I have one last question, when I go to fly with these beautiful paint jobs, no sound comes out, but the default paint has sound. Can you help me with that?

I have been flying the tailwheel off of this amazing V2 C-47 model, and have learned a couple of things about it. Once you get it working following napamule2's and Mrzippy's advice, consider these points:

1. The visible difference between model=C47_1 and C47_2 is that the _1 variant has the "H antennas" mounted on either side of the cockpit and thus is most suited to the military liveries. As far as I know, no civilian C-47 or DC-3 had these H-antennas; those civilian C-47s that were converted from military versions, which was most if not all of them, had those antennas removed during the conversion. Also, many of the airline paints for this airplane are supposedly representative of DC-3s, which was an all-passenger airplane with cushy seats and overhead bins, and no double doors at the rear- just a single passenger-sized door. Therefore, it would be appropriate to use the C47_2 model for any of the C47-masquerading-as-DC3 paints.

2. You will notice that some of the aircraft.cfg entries show sound=TW. TW stands for the Twin Radial Sound Package. This sound package is NOT included with the airplane download or any of the paints as far as I know. However, it is so amazing-sounding that it is simply a must-have for this, and any other twin-radial, airplane. It is a Sim-Outhouse exclusive and can be downloaded here.

3. For the ultimate in realism with this great Gooney Bird, get the Squeaking Brakes effect from this C-46 airplane. I have added it to this Gooney Bird, my B-36 and my convair 240s. It's just awesome. All you have to do is copy the C-46's Squeaking Brakes folder to your FSX\Effects folder and add the Squeaking Brakes gauge from the C-46 to your other airplanes.

Whatever you do, take the time to do at least ONE manual engine start (Ctrl+E is for sissies! :p ) with this airplane. It's an 8-step process, similar to real life, but there is a quick-reference pictorial guide on how to do it included in the documentation. Your reward will be watching and hearing the old Pratt & Whitney Twin Wasp radials cough, shudder, smoke and wheeze into life most realistically, and the TW sound package was specifically designed to sync with that slow-start sequence. It has to be seen and heard to be believed. I'm still trying to get a video of it, but I haven't gotten a version of FSRecorder that works with FSX:SE yet.

. I feel sorry for anyone who has not seen and heard and smelled and felt this glorious spectacle!

Now, here's a video of Manfred Jahn's C-47 V2 engines starting. It just doesn't get much more realistic than this.

Finally, in a shameless plug :p ,

. Note the engine sounds and brake squeals.

Enjoy your new C-47!

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Thanks for the help everybody! :cool: Got the plane all sorted out now! :D

I will hopefully get that Twin radial sound pack soon.

Fraps will record ANY video from any 'source'. Not just FS9 / FSX. So it WILL record FSXSE too. You can eliminate the cursor from showing (and the yellow FPS display) in settings. And to get the sound with spot view, hit '[' and use 'A' key to set that window view to 'locked spot' (then drag sides to reduce to 'postage stamp' size) and when in tower, or fly-by, you click on that window and you get the sound to 'come thru'. Also, for adjusting 'locked spot view', the use of 'space+mouse move' is more accurate and smoother. Just a couple of tips.

I enjoyed your nice video. Watched it twice. I thought you came in (almost) too low (almost clipped your right wing on cliff). And you don't taxi with flaps extended - you might kick up a rock or debri (or a slow jackrabbit) and might damage them or the mechanism. Otherwise it WAS 'crazy' (but fun). Love the sound.

Us old timers who grew up in the 'prop' era (pre 1960-before jets) were more likely have been 'exposed' to the prop sounds. I have been making 'prop' sounds with my mouth since I was 5 yrs old (1945) so don't tell ME about 'prop' sounds-I LIVED them. I remember watching P-38's, P-51's, DC-3's, etc, flying over our house. I would alway run outside when I heard them coming. Later (1950's) I rememver the local ag sprayer flying his aerobatic bi-plane above our house. He put on a 'show' (with smoke) for the locals almost every weekend. Them were the good-ole-days.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Fraps will record ANY video from any 'source'. Not just FS9 / FSX. So it WILL record FSXSE too. You can eliminate the cursor from showing (and the yellow FPS display) in settings. And to get the sound with spot view, hit '[' and use 'A' key to set that window view to 'locked spot' (then drag sides to reduce to 'postage stamp' size) and when in tower, or fly-by, you click on that window and you get the sound to 'come thru'. Also, for adjusting 'locked spot view', the use of 'space+mouse move' is more accurate and smoother. Just a couple of tips.

I'm sorry that I don't understand this comment. I noted on the page where the "Gooney Goes Gustave" video is linked that I had used Shadowplay, not FRAPS, and that due to the sound out-of-synch issues, stutters and skips using Shadowplay, I was probably going to bite the bullet and re-capture the video using FRAPS. Obviously, I must already know that FRAPS works with FSX:SE. :) Also, as can be seen by my mouse cursor changing from an arrow to a + sign in that video, especially at TNCM before takeoff, I used space+mouse-move to adjust locked-spot view extensively in this video, so not sure why the "tip" to do what I already had done in the video. The only time I used the joystick hat to abruptly change the spot view was on final into St. Barth where there was no way I was going to let go of the stick and throttle at that critical point to grab spacebar and mouse to shift the view where I could see a little better to land.

Apologies if your comments above were aimed at someone else, in which case, please ignore my response.

And you don't taxi with flaps extended - you might kick up a rock or debri (or a slow jackrabbit) and might damage them or the mechanism.

Actually, we were taught from "day one" of flight training not to retract flaps until clear of the runway. This was to delay any inadvertent gear retraction until the runway would not have to be closed- just a taxiway- when we ham-fistedly bellied in at low speed due to grabbing the wrong handle on rollout. :eek: So I agree that from a flap-damage avoidance standpoint, especially on dirt or grass, it would make sense to retract them as soon as the extra drag/lift was no longer needed or available due to low airspeed after landing, I suppose that flap damage due to inadvertent gear retraction could be more serious than that caused by an errant pebble or two, or even the odd Jackalope. ;)

Oddly, for uniformity, the same requirement held true even when flying fixed-gear "down and welded" airplanes where there was no possibility of retracting the gear- inadvertently or advertently. :p

Anecdotally, it seems to me that nothing has changed in the jet age- if you watch airliners coming and going today at any airport, you will most likely notice that they roll out, back-taxi if required, and turn off the runway with flaps left unretracted, dangling down in the breeze. Once clear, strobes and landing lights go off and flaps start coming up during the taxi to the gate... but never before clearing the active.

This procedure is so ingrained in me that when I watch YouTube flight sim videos I imagine that I can tell the RW pilots from the sim-only pilots by details like when they start retracting the flaps. I've seen everything from retracting them at 50 KIAS mid-rollout to parking at the gate with them still extended, and many variations in between. But when I see flaps start to come up and strobes turned off as the airplane crosses the hold-short line, I know there's a better-than-even chance it's a RW pilot flying the sim.

I thought you came in (almost) too low (almost clipped your right wing on cliff).

As I threatened :p to do on the Gooney Goes Gustave page, I made a new video with Fraps. See if you like this approach better. :D

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Archived