Complete re-install, now I get a CTD after the loading screens.............

Complete re-install,  I was installing updates.  Then the program CTD.   Now when I re-start, I get the usual loading screens,

the program says it's checking for updates, which I'm sure there are a ton of after a  re-install but before going any further I get a total CTD.   Any ideas?

Windows 10  Intell 7  NVIDIA 1600TI  32GB RAM  I can't think of anything else.........

Greg Butzek

DxDiag.txt

Usually a CTD at loading screen stage is due to corrupted Gaming Services data. This is easy to repair and takes just a few seconds:

Open your XBox App, it should be on your taskbar.

Click on your user name at the top left of the window.

Click on Support in the drop-down menu.

Click the Gaming Services Repair Tool button.

Click the green Start repairing button.

Once the repair is complete, close the window and re-launch MSFS.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks a million for this tip Tim. I'm saving it should I ever experience a CTD while loading the sim. Happily I'm one of 'those' people who has never had a CTD in MSFS2020.

• Like 1

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Thanks for the info Tiger.  I'll try it out as soon as MSFS installs another 20GB of updates.  After telling me that was finished.

Then I get "files that are essential to the game are missing".   Go to Steam and verify files.  Repaired 8 files.  Now it wants

the added 20GB.......I'd LIKE to be able to just roll back the patch and go back to the version that's been working for 4 years.

Sorry for the rant.  Fingers crossed for your fix Tiger.   I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the tip Tiger but sadly it didn't fix the game.   I'm in a vicious loop.   The game is missing critical files,

verify integrity via Steam, then it wants more updates, following which the game is missing critical files.

I fear the patch needs a patch.   Lots of people are having similar issues.  Thanks for the try Tiger much appreciated.

Assuming you're on PC go to the Windows Apps settings and then on Microsoft Flight Simulator go to Advanced Options (three dots at the end). In there you'll see a Reset heading with two options. The first is a Repair tool which looks for corrupt files etc. and clicking on it might solve your problem. However, as you're getting the "missing files" warning I suspect you'll need the Reset option which basically reinstalls the sim by looking for missing and corrupted files, the latter of which is usually the cause of download problems after an update.

Hope that helps.