FSX install 2020

I have a new computer, have installed 2020 on D drive, but want to install FSX,, program will not start, says need a string. can you help? Maxx 

What program will not start? MSFS 2020, FSX, or the install program for FSX? We need the exact error message, not a summary. What operating system is installed on the new computer?

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

I had an old model airplane with a Cox .049 gas engine that needed a string to start it.  Got my finger whacked a couple of times flipping the prop by hand!

• Haha 3

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Mine had a spring that you clipped to a prop blade. It would get you almost every time unless you were quick. Then the fuel would make the plastic slippery so you didn't have a chance.

• Haha 2
http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Maxx, there are literally TONS of instructions on how to install FSX on this board. Mr. Zippy and myself have written our fair share of them, and they work.

If you can't find any of them, drop a note here, and I'll see if I can write one up again.

But a very easy and foolproof way to install a fully updated FSX is to get the Steam versiom - FSX:SE, which basically is FSX Acceleration with bugfixes already applied.

Jorgen

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JSkorna said:

What program will not start? MSFS 2020, FSX, or the install program for FSX? We need the exact error message, not a summary. What operating system is installed on the new computer?

The installed program for FSX. Thank you

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

The installed program for FSX. Thank you

Now maybe provide a screenshot of the error code or message you are getting when you try to start FSX.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

19 hours ago, jorgen.s.andersen said:

Maxx, there are literally TONS of instructions on how to install FSX on this board. Mr. Zippy and myself have written our fair share of them, and they work.

If you can't find any of them, drop a note here, and I'll see if I can write one up again.

But a very easy and foolproof way to install a fully updated FSX is to get the Steam versiom - FSX:SE, which basically is FSX Acceleration with bugfixes already applied.

Jorgen

just on sale too